Parker Progress

k9fun

Just saw this thread - so glad you are able to bring your baby home - that will help the healing right away! And so good that you found such great docs so quickly and that they were able to repair his leg. Keeping you in our prayers and sending lots of healing light. Hugs and scritches.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I missed this thread but happy to hear the outcome for your boy. He is beautiful.

Hope he is a quick and uneventful recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Yea!! Parker is home!!! Check out the size of that leg wrap! We have to keep him in-active for 6-8 weeks, that will be fun!! The first thing he did was come in and get a big drink of water and then go flop in his bed. We fed the pack just after that and he got a light meal for tonight due to the tummy problems. So far so good. He is back in bed now. He let out a couple of contented groans and is now sound asleep. Welcome home sweet boy!

parker-cast.jpg

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

Welcome home Parker :confetti

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

So glad that Parker is back home and the surgery went well. There's nothing better than that big sigh and groan of relief they give at being back in their own home again. Lots of good wishes to you and Parker that his leg heals quickly.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest turbospeed

Sending prayers and white light for your sweet boy, Parker. We have been through orthopedic repair surgery with our youngest--Bullet. He is doing greyt and I hope that everything goes well for your Parker too. We'll be watching for an update.

Turbospeed

I'm just now seeing this...

I'm SO glad Parker is back at home and everything went well. He's a very handsome hound! :wub: Can he walk OK in that cast??? Let us know how he's doing! :goodluck

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. Second day was about like the first. Parker is somewhat restless and finds it hard to get comfortable unless he is in our bed which is just fine. As you can see Figgy is trying to give him some comfort and rest with him :wub: :wub:

IMG_4048.JPG

Aren't they sweet?

IMG_4042.JPG

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

Thanks for the continued prayers and good wishes. Yesterday was a really good day. We are all adjusting to the big blue albatross that Parker has to carry around. I think I only got hit in the face with it about a half a dozen times last night in my sleep :lol

The good news is that his valley fever test came back negative last night!! :yay :yay :yay :yay

So let the healing continue! His appointment for re-check and re-bandage is Tuesday morning.

IMG_4049-1.JPG