Just Say A Little Prayer...

Guest KyGrey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for asking about my boy. I told him last night he was staying at camp instead of being in the hospital.

He seems to have had a better day today! I spoke to the sitter a few times but didn't get a chance to visit him. I will be seeing him tomorrow. He has had a few small meals and is drinking water. He is still not getting up by himself but once up on his feet he is steadier and not going down on his hind legs like he was. He will be at their house for at least another couple days and we are going to make a decision at the end of the week if he can come home for a weekend visit. There is no way that he could be alone without a human nearby to help if he falls or can not get up.

He is shifting positions more on his little pallet in their living room. He will whimper when he needs to go out to potty but otherwise is resting well.

I will try to give an update every night when I know something. He's not ready to give up and neither am I. I just don't know what I would have done if these friends didn't invite him into their home for his recovery period. The vet, my friend and I were talking about when the pain gets to be too unbearable I need to think about making the big decision but as long as he is hanging in there I am with him and will do everything in my power to keep him comfortable and as happy as possible.

Again thank you all for your prayers!! As long as he's not giving up the fight I'm not. If you wouldn't mind we could still use prayers for his recovery. He has a way to go but he's taken baby steps toward that today. He has a birthday coming up later this month and will then be 13 yrs young.

I love my old man so much. :wub: Even if he weren't a part of my family I would have to say he's one of the sweetest greyhounds I know. I appreciate the concern for him that I'm receiving.

Thank you.

Good to hear that he's doing better. At my age, I can certainly sympathize with not bouncing back as quickly as we did when we were younger!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Sending butterfly kisses and healing white light to Lee! We're all pulling for you!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest VelvetEars

I was thinking about you all day today, so I'm glad to see the update. :) Will check back before I go to bed, too. Hang in there. You're doing all you can.

I went for a little visit on my way to work today. He is getting around pretty good with help. He did take a little fall while I was there and he wasn't putting any weight on his right leg but when I talked to the sitter later in the day he was walking on it without limping. He has really slowed down in the last week or so. She had just been bragging on him and how well he was doing when he fell. We were right there to pick him up but I think it shook him up somewhat. Before that they said that he was getting up by himself but after the fall he didn't attempt to get up without help.

A funny story from today....I talked to the sitter and she was telling me this evening that he had been whining for a while. She just couldn't figure out what my boy wanted. She said they took him out quite a few times thinking maybe he had to potty. Nope, that wasn't it. When he got outside he would look around and whine. He has been whining to let them know that he needs help getting up and that he has to potty. She laid on the floor by him and was rubbing him. He was still whining. She finally thought maybe he might be hungry. BINGO!! He ate about 1/2 can of dog food and he was good to go. He drifted right off to sleep then and was just as content as anything after that.

Tell me animals can't talk and let us know what they want!! :lol

I love my old guy so much and just want him to be able to come home. I am going to have to try to get a ramp of some kind before he comes home. I don't think he will be able to manage the steps anymore.

Melissa (Penelopesslave) mailed me a harness. I can't wait to go over and try it on him tomorrow. It has sheepskin lining and it's very nice. Thank you Melissa from the bottom of my heart.

I will update tomorrow night and let you know how he is after I visit him tomorrow. I wish I had the service that's being bestowed upon him....he is being waited on foot and paw. He deserves it. :wub:

Kiss precious Lee for me. :grouphug Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers for Lee and hugs for you.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound