Ember Is Home!

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

went to visit ember this morning and they let me bring her home. she was thrashing about and trying to bite the techs so we felt she would be more relaxed at home. they tried to bandage her, but she started thrashing and biting again so they sent her home sans bandages. i asked my next door neighbor, whom is 6, if he wanted to be a hero for ember and donate a teeshirt to cover her boo boo. he was thrilled with the idea and ran in and brought me a shirt. she is now resting comfortably and i will put it on her tomorrow. she had no problem walking to the car and even was able to jump up into the back seat. a little yelp getting out, but it will get better. for pain meds, im to give 1.5 tramadol (50mg) every 8-12 hrs and continue the daily dose of metacam. they gave her something they use on von willdebrand (sp) patients and the bruising isnt too bad......so far.....honestly, i was expecting a lot worse.

so...are you ready for frankendog pictures........

29qe0m0.jpg

ir12j5.jpg

she stood up on her own for this one

xaq3bm.jpg

thats a fentanyl patch u see there.

im just glad she is home :wub:

oh yeah, its kinda creepy, but u can see her heart beating now that the leg is missing.

Edited by EmbersDad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ember really looks good for so soon after surgery. She might have more brusing in a few days. Also remember she may have some bad days. She is lookin good though. Now to get healed and grow some hair.

Prayers and white light for you and Ember. I pray she is a long term survivor. Oh please God.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest GiJenn51

Are you giving her the meds on top of the Fentanyl? That seems like a bit much.

On another note-- Ember looks fantastic. I'm glad she is standing and jumping.

She looks good Tom. Just keep an eye on her bruising and if there is any seepage call them. Although I suspect you already know all that. She will have some ups and downs, but will continue to heal. Keeping her and you in my prayers for an uneventful and speedy healing. Remember I am available to talk if you need to.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

So glad your sweet girlie is home, and can heal in comfortable surroundings. Sending more prayers and good thoughts her way for an uneventful recovery process. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Welcome home Ember :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Wow, she looks fantastic! What a girl! It's truly amazing that one day after surgery she's standing up just fine. Welcome Home Ember!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Aw, I'm so glad she is home where she belongs. She looks good. I hope everything continues to go well.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest greytfulhounds

Welcome home, sweetie! All of the greytfulhounds are sending you tail wags & big kisses and wishing you a speedy recovery! :grouphug:kiss2

:getwell

Ember knew she needed to be home with you, Tom, and she wasn't going to be happy until she got there! She looks fantastic even if she is in a little bit of a drug induced haze. White light, prayers and healing thoughts from our home to yours. :hope :hope :hope Please Great Healer of all living things - we need a survivor!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

She looks really, really good, I'm happy she gets to recuperate at home in comfy, safe surroundings. My thoughts and prayers for continued quick healing.

Guest EmbersDad
Are you giving her the meds on top of the Fentanyl? That seems like a bit much.

On another note-- Ember looks fantastic. I'm glad she is standing and jumping.

they said "as needed" for the tramadol. i was supposed to dose her at 430, but she is resting comfortably and somehow bamboozled me out of some deitz & watson bbq chicken breast which i hand fed her a few minutes ago. im using a sweet hawaiian blanket ember got from the miss nellie auction. it seems to be appropriate for using as a healing blanket. im am not goig to use the tramadol unless i see or hear her in obvious discomfort, perhaps after the patch comes off. she already had a massive pee in the house while i was yapping with the contractor, and we made it outside for another.

fw4ys3.jpg

donbec.jpg

2mqsq9u.jpg

Ember knew she needed to be home with you, Tom, and she wasn't going to be happy until she got there! She looks fantastic even if she is in a little bit of a drug induced haze. White light, prayers and healing thoughts from our home to yours. :hope :hope :hope Please Great Healer of all living things - we need a survivor!

yeah, she was calm and alert when i was at the hospital, we snuggled for about 20 min, then i met with the surgeon and we both decided that home was the best thing. they began to wrap her with a padded bandage, and the biting and thrashing started again. tomorrow i will try and fit kirin's little shirt he donated on her.

So glad your beautiful girl is home now. Sending many good thoughts for a speedy adjustment period. :grouphug:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.