You Take The Bad With The Good...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I'm sorry to hear about Argus. A fine needle aspiration might be worth doing. When Alex's x-rays were inconclusive, he had a bone biopsy at the Vet's recommendation. He was in very serious pain afterwards, worse than having osteo. He was on Deramaxx, maxed out Tramadol and Neurotin to make him comfortable. I would not put a dog through that again.

Dr Couto does fine needle bone aspirate instead of the bone biopsy. It's less damaging to the already comprimised bone. Whatever you decide will be right. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

What terrible news..........hoped and prayed hard for you that it wasn't anything major. So sorry.

Enjoy your treasured time together, it's bitter-sweet I know but those special moments will help when you will need it most.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I just can't believe I'm reading this :cry1

From what I understand the biopsy is super painful. My opinion if you are not planning to amputate then there is no need to know what kind it is. Just my unsolicited two cents.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Oh no!! I'm so sorry for Argos and for your family at this time. I wish the news had been different, but you have all

my prayers and good thoughts.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Thinking of you today and sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest paulamariez

I am so very sorry about your precious Argos. I will be sending lots of prayers, love and healing light for him. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending some healing doggie kisses as well. Taking the pictures as a documentary really helps. We did that with our Bandit when we found out that he was in kidney failure and his time was short. I took pictures of the tips of his ears (even his tattoos inside!) to his greyt racing toes. They give me comfort today whenever I look at them. My heart goes out to you, it is one of the hardest things to go through. Savor every second with Argos.