Sudden Lump Under Chin/neck Appeared

stlgrey

I just looked at Sierra's neck this morning and noticed over night or just this morning, a waddle has developed under her chin at her neck. I felt it and its a soft mass. What is this? Has anyone else ever had this happen to their dog. She didn't have this yesterday and hasn't had anything there previously. I called her vet and she is going later today for a visit. OMG, I hope its nothing serious.

My babes have never had anything like that. When Angel LaceyLaine became so ill...she had masses on both sides of her neck but not in the midline. Sending my prayers and please update as soon as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm pretty sure Hilda's boy Buycut had something like that. Wasn't it a blocked salivary gland?

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Had she been barking a lot lately? I ask because my first grey, Candy, pretty much never barked...until my brother came to visit with his Corgi. No love lost between those two. Candy just barked and barked the first day and the next day she looked like a pelican, and also had laryngitis. It didn't last long, though. I guess any kind of irritation might cause something like that? Hoping for an update that she's doing fine.

Something like that happened to Freddygirl's Molly. She took her in and was given antibiotics and it didn't get better but GREW!

She brought her back in and now it was the size of a GOLF ball, it exploded in the waiting room at the vet and that was the end of that. Weird and discusting from what I was told!!

In the end, all was fine and there is no way to tell by looking at her it ever happened.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Here is a photo of the suspicious waddle. It disappeared then after she ate and drank it came back. I am suspecting a blocked gland. She had has a few times over the past weeks that she seemed to have difficulty swallowing, and whimpered when she ate something kinda hard. We go to the vet in two hours. I am wondering if this is part of the problem why she is not eating and the weight loss that has been diagnosed as IBS.

002.jpg

We spent two hour at the vet. She said her lymph nodes were swollen under her neck, in her shoulder area and rear leg. She did needle aspirations to have a pathologist rule out lymphoma. I am so upset.

Let me back to up give a history on Sierra. She has had diarrhea since May. We got this sort of under control with Sulphasulazine and diet. However, she is a very thunderphobic dog and we have has some bad storms all season. This has affected Sierra severly. She won't eat for a few days after a storm, so she also started to lose weight. They did a complete blood and system panel on her. The vet told me again tonight that the globulin level was pretty high and this is why she wants to send the slides into a pathologist to make sure of what is going on.

I am keeping my prayers going all night and day that this is not lymphoma. She seems to have some sort of infection, hopefully its just a salivary gland infection. Please keep Sierra in your prayers. Thank you. We should know if a few days the slides had to be sent out.

Edited by stlgrey

Ai yi yi. Hope it is just a saliary gland infection. Lots of prayers for you and your girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending more prayers. I know how hard it is to wait. Kiss your pretty little girl for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Adding our prayers and chants that this is just an infection that can be handled with meds. She sure is pretty, her coloring looks very much like our baby Gus', just a little lighter. Hoping you get answers quickly. Sending hugs and scritches.

Crossing our fingers for good news! :goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Many prayers coming for you and your pretty Sierra. :hope:candle:hope

Hope it's just the salivary gland thing and nothing serious!

:getwell Sierra!!

:bighug

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Update on Sierra.....

She was panting all night last night and she sounded like she was congested. I got up this morning and she looked like she had the mumps on her left side of her face. I got her in to the vet before work. We just got home. I thought it was for sure a salivary gland infection. They said its not. She saw a new vet this time because her vet who has been seeing us doesn't come into later today. I didn't want to leave her in distress all day. The new vet examined her and said that her lymph nodes are pretty full and that is why she has swelling in her face. He said its not anything alarming but we can give her an shot of anti-inflamitory and a pill for tomorrow. He also said that her lymph nodes don't have the typical shape of a dog that presents with lymphoma. However, not to draw a new diagnosis without the results of her path slides. These should be back in a few days (yeah does the torture mean anything??) I have been crying off an on for two days now.

The vet said that the slides will reveal one of two things, one the most dreaded, lymphoma or an infectious disease (he is thinking probably a tick borne infection). So, we must wait for the results of the path report. I feel like this is waiting on them to tell me as if this were one of my skin family members.

Please keep Sierra in your prayers. :angelwings:hope

Oh I know how hard it is. We waited for Angel LaceyLaine's path reports last year over Labor Day...the waiting is so hard...yet I knew in my heart of hearts hers was Lymphosarcoma.

Know that my heart and prayers are with you...and I am chanting like crazy....just an infection....just an infection.

:grouphug

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Guest paulamariez

Sending prayers, love and light for your sweet Sierra. Her picture looks a lot like Tiger after he got bit on the side of his snout by a big spider a couple weeks ago. He looked like that for about two to three days and he was getting Benedryl around the clock for the allergic reaction. Praying that your girls' could be something so simple.

Tiger with allergic reaction: (doesn't he look sad?)

P8030006-1.jpg

P8030005-1.jpg

Edited by paulamariez

UPDATE ---- UPDATE--- GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

Thank you all who had prayers and white light aimed at Sierra, she doesn't have Lymphoma. She has histoplasmosis which is some type of fungal infection. The vet team is going to collaborate on her course of treatment and let me know tomorrow what they plan to do.

This website is wonderful in providing comfort, well wishes and more to those in need. I alway post to those in need of a prayer or hug, but its so different when your the one who's dog is deathly ill and they don't know why and they think its the worst thing to expect. Thank you Lord for giving me this wonderful hound as apart of my life. Every day is a gift with them.