Really Need Good Thoughts And Prayers For Bonnie Twist

Guest K9Cookies

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, Kristin (and I love the cancer/Bonnie emoticon... perfect!).

I was going to call you last night but those rats keep me busy and time gets away from me! :P

Do you have an appt. still on Tuesday for the CBC?

Veg Fest is this weekend in Charlottesville but I have to work until 1 so I'm not sure if I'll make it. I do need cat food... I'll call you and see what your plans are.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Kristin, when Batman had his dose of CCNU I got a sheet published by Kansas State University on the drug. Dosing for Batman's disease may have been different than your girl's, so I don't know how much of this applies (oh, just found it, looks like he got 70mg). But. Their info sheet calls for a CBC 7-10 days after giving CCNU. If neutrophils <2500, recheck CBC in 2-4 days; if <1000 and no fever, begin oral cephalexin; if <1000 and febrile, intravenous antibiotics and intensive care are warranted. KSU's sheet also doesn't want to see platelets <50,000; Wisconsin docs didn't want to see the platelets <70,000.

Batman's platelets were unaffected by the one dose he had. His neutrophils dropped down to 800ish (WBC 1500) @ a week after giving the drug and took another @ 10-12 days to climb back to the range of reason. My vets and I were creeped out by the low neutrophil count but the university docs said, nah, not to worry, just give the antibiotics. He never developed a fever. Cephalexin made him ill so we switched to clavamox.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:clap Lymph nodes are coming down! :banana I can still feel them a little, but they are definitely changing and getting smaller. Anyone know how long the CCNU usually takes to kick in? I hope we can achieve another remission here shortly! :D

We got new collars in the mail today that look greyt! And, we also received the "Begging Eyes" print by Xan that we won in the Miss Nellie auction yesterday. It's been a wonderful week!!! :yay

:kiss2 to all...from Bon-Bon!

Ah, Bonnie, you've made your Mom (and all of us) very happy!

Will we see you at Dewey?

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Ah, Bonnie, you've made your Mom (and all of us) very happy!

Will we see you at Dewey?

Yes...you will! :yay (As long as the vets give us the OK)

I've got to meet up with you at Dewey to give you the treat basket for the auction. We'll be arriving really late on Wednesday night. See you soon! :banana

WONDERFUL NEWS! Keep up the good work sweetie girl! :wub::yay:confetti

I can't answer your questions about the CCNU...Right after Angel LaceyLaine started the CCNU it put her liver values up so high that we had to stop treatment.

An Angel Watches Over....:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Bonnie had bloodwork done today...and...it looks greyt!!! :banana Her WBCs did drop down, but we're still well within the safe range. Dr. Couto changed the chemo protocol slightly. Bonnie will get the vincristine injection this coming Friday (10 days after the CCNU). She's been doing well. We had some diarrhea issues this past weekend, but everything is good now.

Bonnie was in fine form today at the vet's office! She actually scratched one of the girls by giving her a big hug then pawing her in the face. :blush Oops!

Dewey, here we come!!! :bounce8

Wonderful news! Have a greyt time at Dewey! An Angel Travels With You...:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Bonnie had bloodwork done today...and...it looks greyt!!! :banana Her WBCs did drop down, but we're still well within the safe range. Dr. Couto changed the chemo protocol slightly. Bonnie will get the vincristine injection this coming Friday (10 days after the CCNU). She's been doing well. We had some diarrhea issues this past weekend, but everything is good now.

Bonnie was in fine form today at the vet's office! She actually scratched one of the girls by giving her a big hug then pawing her in the face. :blush Oops!

Dewey, here we come!!! :bounce8

:yay :yay :yay Glad to hear she continues to do well. We'll see you at Dewey!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

That's AWESOME, awesome, awesome news. Way to go Bonnie!!!! :confetti:banana:yay:balloonparty

I wish I was going to Dewey so I could meet her :sad1 Hope she has a fantastic time! :)

Good luck on Friday. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.