F T H Pansy Jane 8/22/07 - 9/9/08

bjnno1

Run free at the bridge little special girl. :sad1

As most of you know, last October Cathie and Jenn posted some pictures of some little black Trent Lee puppers and there was one in particular that I fell in love with on the spot. This picture below just stuck in my mind.

novemberfarm004.jpg

In November, I finally had the chance to meet this little girl and fell head over heels on the spot.

BJsvisit023copy.jpg

BJsvisit026copy.jpg

BJsvisit019copy.jpg

In December, I contacted Jenn and Cathie about pre-adopting her through the FTH program. We ran into a little road block... She wasn't one of Cathie and Bills hounds and they couldn't guarantee that I'd be able to adopt her. :(

So I thought about it, and thought about it and thought about it... I just HAD to have this girl. I finally asked what if I bought her??? Well Greyhound puppies (and all that goes along with it) were definitly not in my budget. We talked about all the details and I wasn't going to be able to afford her by myself, so Cathie decided to ask one of their best owners if he would consider going in partners with me. He agreed. So a partnership was formed and I became not only her pre-adoptor, but co-owner of her as well. I was so excited and even sent out baby announcements.

01PansyJane.jpg

I decided upon the name of FTH Pansy Jane because her sister was already named Flower and I wanted something to go along with that. As I was laying in bed one morning it came to me. My grandma (dad's mom) her nickname was Pansy (a name of a flower) and my other grandma (my mom's mom) her middle name is Jane. So the name Pansy Jane came to be. My partner wasn't crazy about the name, but after I told him about my grandma's and wanting to name her after them, he was all for it.

Cathy and Jenn were awesome about sending me pictures and stories and just showering my little girl with love while I couldn't be there. She was still in Jacksonville on the farm being a puppy, while I was here in Louisville, admiring her from afar.

Well back in early spring, as some of you know.. my boiler system decided to die on me. Long story short, it couldn't be fixed and now I'm going to have to have to have a new furnace system installed (along with duct work) into my house. Then it got hot.. my A/C window unit died so I had to buy a new one. As luck would have it... Major and Black Jack decided they needed to start limping so several vet visits and hundreds of dollars later... they were just faking it. <_< (not really Thank God they are doing fine but just showing the signs of age and arthritis).

Pansy Jane's birthday was approaching and I knew that she would soon start training for racing and there are also license fees that I would have to pay in order for her to race. With all of the financial "stuff" that fell into my lap over the past couple of months and my savings account wiped out, I simply did not have the money to be able to afford any of that, in fact, I still haven't paid off the loan I took in order to purchase her to begin with (final payment is next month).

So I made the hard decision of contacting my partner and told him about my finances and asked him if he would be interested in buying me out of my partnership. I told him that I still wanted to adopt Pansy Jane when she retired and he agreed. While it broke my heart, I had to do what I had to do. I gave up my "ownership" of her and sold him my share. I still haven't told my neices, they were so excited when I told them about Pansy Jane at Christmas. They even have framed pictures of her in their bedrooms. I don't know how I'm going to tell them the news of her passing, it's going to break their little hearts.

Tuesday afternoon, I got a call from Jenn. Pansy Jane was running and fell and broke her leg. The break was very very bad and they did everything they could, but she didn't make it. :(

So please say a prayer for Pansy Jane. I know she's running at the bridge, pain free. :gh_run2

Please also say a prayer for Cathie, Jenn and everyone involved with B&J Kennels. They loved this little girl so much (as they do all of their hounds) and I know this is breaking their hearts. :grouphug

I want to thank you guys for taking care and loving my little girl. I will always be grateful.

Run Free little girl... you will always be in my heart.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_0278.jpg

091207c.jpg

092107a.jpg

BJsvisit043copy.jpg

BJsvisit008copy.jpg

December-9th-050.jpg

PJ02012008.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

1.jpg

Pansy8.jpg

pj010508c.jpg

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Oh BJ, I am sooo sorry. Hugs to you :grouphug

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Oh. my. god.

Oh my heart is broken with you. So so so unfair. Poor little girlie.

My mama Alimony... I just burst into tears looking at her. In a way, I'm glad she doesn't know...

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

BJ I am heartbroken for you, and for everyone at FTH and B and J racing. :f_pink I'm glad I got to meet her. Pansy Jane was a beautiful, vibrant girl. I am betting that Foxy will take her in hand, that girl sure loved the young ones.

Godspeed pretty Pansy Jane you were loved by so many. :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest greytfulhounds

Oh, NO!! I am so very, very sorry! :cry1:grouphug Looks like she was an Alimony baby too.......I got to meet Ali during my trip to MN in June. :cry1

Run free & whole little beauty and watch over your momma from the Bridge. Find my two beautiful broodies, Joanie & Susie, and they will look out for you. I am sure Joanie will even show you the way to all of the best biskies. :angelwings:dogcookie

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

I'm so, so sorry. As a preadopting 'mom' myself, this is my worst fear.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Oh. my. god.

Oh my heart is broken with you. So so so unfair. Poor little girlie.

My mama Alimony... I just burst into tears looking at her. In a way, I'm glad she doesn't know...

:grouphug I know this has to be hard on you too. Give Alimony some hugs and scritches for me. :)

I'm so, so sorry. As a preadopting 'mom' myself, this is my worst fear.

:grouphug I hope this doesn't discourage you from pre-adopting!! :hope It was an accident and it could have happened at anytime. Sometimes things like this just happen. :sad1 as unfortunate as they are, it was just bad timing, could have happened anywhere. I think the benefits and the joys of being able to watch them grow up and knowing that they are being cared for and loved with the FTH program are well worth the risk. Look at all of the success stories out there and how happy this program has made so many people. :) Yep.. definitly think it's worth it :nod

Guest FrostyBottoms

OH NO! BJ...I am so sorry. She was a beautiful little girl..... :f_pink

Beautiful story of how she got her name. Are your grandmothers still around to know how they were honored?

Guest GiJenn51

Getting the phone call, and making the phone call to BJ was one of the hardest things ever. :cry1

God speed Pansy Jane. Look over your sisters OK? :kiss2

:gh_run

I am so sorry. What a heartbreaking loss for everyone. Godspeed little girl!

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

OH NO! BJ...I am so sorry. She was a beautiful little girl..... :f_pink

Beautiful story of how she got her name. Are your grandmothers still around to know how they were honored?

My dad's mom died when I was a baby, but my mom's mom (Maw Maw) is still here. :) I haven't told her yet either :sad1

Getting the phone call, and making the phone call to BJ was one of the hardest things ever. :cry1

God speed Pansy Jane. Look over your sisters OK? :kiss2

:gh_run

:grouphug

I'm so sorry BJ.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy to each and every one of you who loved Baby Girl Pansy Jane. I think God needed a most beautiful Angel. She will wait for you at the Bridge~her heart filled with love. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.