Need Help For Friends Dog

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

Non grey, He had normal daily vomiting for the past month until they switched to a better quality food (was on Purina for weight management First four indgredients are corn). Vomiting stopped, but he continued to have a "cough/retch" once a night. Last week, the big D. That got better, then on Sunday he vomited 5 times. Went to the vet Sunday, got fluids, Xray's showed nothing. Sent home with Pepcid. He hasn't eaten since Monday night. Today tests showed elevated liver enzymes. Riley is back on fluids and very lethergic. He's going to pick him up and take him to Tufts for an ultrasound right now . . .

Thoughts?

Update: Riley is going into surgery this morning to remove his gall bladder. Please send good thoughts, Riley also has a slight heart murmer.

Edited by SoulsMom

Guest fatesrelease

Hmmm. Not sure but my thoughts and prayers are with your friend and his/her pup! *hugs*

Edited by fatesrelease

Well going to Tuft's is a really good thing. My cousin's non-grey was taken there and the care and treatment was unbelievable. Sending prayers.

Sending prayers and white light, I hope they are able to find out what is wrong with him. I am sorry but I agree only more test might show. :hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest myjazzy

The lack of appetite, vomiting, lethargy and elevated liver enzymes make me think it's something to do with the liver. It's good he's going to Tufts. Before getting the utrasound I would run a TBD panel, like Burpdog said, and a bile acids test. Crossing my fingers and hoping it's nothing more than an upset tummy.

Guest SoulsMom

Ok, tick panel has been run and a "type" of ultrasound has been done. The raidiologist is coming later to do a full scan. They couldn't see anything wrong with his liver, but his gall bladder looks wrong. Riley is staying the night on an IV . . .

Guest SoulsMom

They're not thinking cancer, and his liver looks good, but his gall bladder looks awful. He's having surgery at 9:00am. Please send good thoughts, Riley also has a slight heart murmer :candle

Guest SoulsMom

I don't know . . . it kinda sounds like when peoples gall bladder gets infected and needs to come out. Never heard of it in a dog though :dunno

Of course, they'll know more when they take look . . . .

Guest SoulsMom

Riley survived the surgery :yay But it turns out his gall bladder had actually burst, so he had a bunch of toxins spew into his system. The Dr says he's still a very sick doggie, but they are hopeful. The next 3-4 days are critical.

Riley survived the surgery :yay But it turns out his gall bladder had actually burst, so he had a bunch of toxins spew into his system. The Dr says he's still a very sick doggie, but they are hopeful. The next 3-4 days are critical.

Sending many prayers. Hang tough sweetheart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SoulsMom

Thank you everyone. I've never met Riley, but I know how much he is loved. His family would be so devestated if they lost him. When he was going into surgery, Marc asked me for good thoughts, so I thought I might try to tap into the power of GT. Please keep the good vibes coming. With all of the toxins in his system, he's not out of the woods yet . . .

As a side note, has anyone ever heard of canine gallbladder infections? This is a first to me!

Edited by SoulsMom