No More Chemo For Hershey - Update July 19th

Guest HersheysMom

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ss556

Carolyn, I'm so sorry that you and Hershey are going through this. You have been the BEST mom ever!!! My heart goes out to you for all you've gone through. You know that. Sending a zillion prayers for Hershey. Hugs to you.

I'm sorry. It sucks that sometimes even when you do all the right things, it still isn't enough. I think you're being a great mom to Hershey!

I echo this sentiment. When all is said and done you will know you did your best for Hershey. I am sorry you are going through this :(

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Zeushounds

Please give Hershey a great big hug from me and always remember our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Sometimes it seems when making these tough decisions we tend to second guess ourselves. You are a great Mom! Hershey knows that you and John will do your best in deciding what is right for him. He is such a strong and brave boy and knows how lucky he is to be part of such a great family.

Please keep the faith and we will keep on praying for your sweet boy, Hershey.

Guest koolaidnconner

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. You are being a wonderful mom. Don't ever doubt that. I am positive Hershey knows how much you love him... :grouphug

You are so not the worst mom ever. These decisions are horrible ones to make, but you're doing it out of love for Hershey, trying to ensure that his remaining life is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If it makes you feel better, I think I'd do the same thing in your place.

I'm so sorry this is happening, and I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest KRKWMU

:cry1 I am so terribly sorry that Hershey is having such a tough time. You are doing the best you can knowing his situation and loving him unconditionally. You are the GREATEST MOM to Hershey...not the worst! :) I know how you are feeling though. The chemo kills the cancer, but the chemo makes them sick, you are trying to get rid of the cancer (but, they don't know that). Your decision is one that I highly respect...and also dread having to make in the future. :(

I'm glad you sat down and typed all of this to vent your feelings. We are all here to help you get through this. Give Hershey some kisses from Bonnie and the gang. Please take care of yourself too. :grouphug Let us know how things go. :goodluck

It sounds very promising that he is eating a little more each day. After Carrier was done his chemo treatments they offered that we continue with daily chemo but we declined. We felt that he had enough - amputation and 6 rounds of hard core chemo. Strangely we didn't feel guilty by not giving him the daily chemo because, like Hershey, Carrier also was not 100% after his treatments. That alone helped make our decision to allow him to live as normally as possible for what ever time he had left.

I am glad that you are going to get an ultrasound and chest xray to see where he is at. He's a lucky boy to have. Making these choices for them is the most difficult thing in the world, but it sounds like Hershey is there to tell you what he needs.

hugs to both.

Guest redreed

I am so sorry that you all have to go thru this. I know how hard some of the decisions we have to make are, but it's a day by day thing. You are all in my prayers. You sound like a great mommy to me.

:f_pink

Guest HersheysMom

We're having a bad day today. I did call this morning make the appt for next week for the ultrasound & x-ray, but after today I'm not sure those results would change anything as far as what we are able to continue to do for him. I'll have to be off line for a while because he needs me badly but wanted to say thanks everyone again.

Guest paulamariez

Aww poor, sweet beautiful Hershey Bar. I am so sorry that you both are going through this. Your post just brought tears to my eyes. There's nothing worse than watching one you love suffer and it's even more difficult when the hounds cannot even tell you how they feel. I will keep your precious Hershey in my prayers. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Hershey some sad doggie kisses as well.

Guest Carla

Carolyn and John,

The tears are flowing as I read the posts about Hershey. Please do not beat yourself up -- you are doing what you are doing out of your deep love for your sweet Hershey.

Sending all of you tons of white light, positive energy and prayers.

:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Hugs,

Carla

Guest greyt2love

Prayers for all of you. Hershey is so blessed to have you watching out for him and make your choices based on love for him.

I'm so sorry. Tears... loss of a beloved is so damn hard.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest Vinnie

I am so sorry and I know that words are never enough. Sending hugs for you and our family and prayers that your sweet Hershey is running free of pain at the Bridge.