I'm Losing My Baby (shirley)

Guest greyscot

Guest greyscot

Shirley has had kidney disease for over a year but has been fading recently. I took her to the vet yesterday as she had developed a cough and was not eating. The vet thinks she has a growth in her throat. Her kidneys are no worse than 6 months ago. I've had Shirley for 15 years - she is part of me and my family. We are trying antibiotics in case it is an infection. This ia a fairly new antibiotic which lasts for two weeks given by injection as I cannot get Shirley to swallow tablets. It's called Convenia. I am praying for a miracle but I'm sure it's just not going to happen. The vet does not think Shirley will last the month. At the moment she is sleeping, is in no pain and will eat finely minced best steak if hand fed by me :rolleyes: She will also still go for VERY short walks. Please keep her in your thoughts. I can't imagine her not with us but an operation is out of the question due to her age/kidney disease.

2881108080037331756S600x600Q85.jpg

Sending lots of healing prayers for your Shirley. What a cutie she is! She reminds me of BevD's beloved Sprout. Hugs to you and your worried family.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Pretty pretty girl.

Sending hugs and prayers that whatever time she has, she will be comfortable and happy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Very best wishes for Shirley. She looks like she loves her garden. :wub:

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Sending my prayers for the beautiful little lady. We also walked down renal failure lane. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

hugs to you and :cookie for your babe. hope you create some wonderfull memories.

hugs to you and :cookie for your babe. hope you create some wonderfull memories.

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

:grouphug I'll be keeping your precious little girl in my thoughts. :hope

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project