Lump On Guinn's Leg

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I found this lump above Guinn's elbow on his front leg. It's smaller then a dime but larger then a pencil eraser.

I've not seen anything like it with any other dogs I've had. I was sure I had seen it all... It appears to have dry skin and red bumps on it. Sorry the pic is bad... My camera stinks!

Any thoughts on what it is? Should I take him to the vet or keep an eye on it?

lump2.jpg

It isn't all that clear but it looks like it could be a histiocytoma....I would just get your vet to have a look at it to put your mind at rest.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I agree it's best to get it checked - your vet may be able to do a fine needle aspirate to see if it's a histiocytoma or something more sinister.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Looks like what Carmen had last year... histiocytoma. The vet gave me some Antibiotic drops and it went away in about a week.

MLeah3rdbirthday585.jpg

Hers was bright red because she kept licking it and it would break open and bleed.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest MAXNAV
In my opinion, any lump should be looked at by a vet.

Sending prayers!

Navigator had one similiar one time, but I had it checked out. My vet diagnosed it as an infected bite of some sort. AB ointment and it went away in about a week. I'm glad we had it checked though.

I agree with the above, I would have it looked at. Little localized growths like that can often be removed with a laser and without general anesthesia (if it needs removal at all).

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

It looks pretty similar to Pavé's chin lesion. It was a histio and we used Kenalog twice daily and Vitamin E twice daily. Let us know what you find out. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest PhillyPups

Well Guinnness my lubs ~

Since you already gots all da medical adbice my Mama could gibs you, I will just tell you I would lub to kiss your booboo and makes it go away. :kiss2

Princess AnnaBanana ~ :beatheart

Rocky had one that looked like that. Vet said it could be histiocytoma or a mast cell tumor, that it was hard to tell just by looking at it.

We had it removed instead of doing a biopsy. Figured I'd rather just take it off and be done instead of doing the biopsy and finding out it had to come off anyway. Luckily it was a histiocytoma.

Kelly

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Get it checked. Maddie had a small lump had it checked - they aspirated it and it was cyst.

Let us know. Maddie sends :bighug

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I agree, I would have it checked out, then hopefully you can stop worrying. Good luck!! :goodluck :goodluck

Please keep us posted...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest lauri

Miles has had soemthing like this for a long time on his leg. It never has gotten really red like the one picture above. Looks like a wart or something like it. Vet hans't been too concerned and Miles is fime!

It looks like a histiocytoma. Aquitaine got a histiocytoma on her belly a month after I got her. It was about the size of a quarter and scared me to death. The vet said it could be a mast cell tumor or a histiocytoma and aspirated it and it came back as a histiocytoma. Best to get it checked so that you know (and can stop panicking). My vet said that sometimes they will continue to come back for the life of the dog but we've had no reappearances.

Guinness, take care and stop licking!

Guest Snowy8

That looks like the same thing that Greytexplorer's doggie has. I would take that big ole baby to the vet & habs it looked at. Keep us posted Amanda....

Dunt make me get my big purse & come get Mr. Hampsum.