Festus...need Prayers, Updated June 11. Pictures Post 120

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Tami :( :( I'm so sorry about Festus :cry1 :cry1 I've such a knot in my throat :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

And I have one in the pit of my stomach. I am so so sorry.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry. :hope Sending prayers for good days. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Thinking of you both......

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest KyGrey

As I was typing this Tami called. Festus ate a pound of hamburger and two eggs this morning. He has lost control of his bladder sometime during the day today. She just went out and bought him some hamburger and chicken and he scarfed it up. She is about to update with pics.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Awww! Who doesn't enjoy a good piece of chicken on the couch! :heart

Good thing the couch is leather!! Or it could get messy! :lol

Im so sorry to hear the latest news about Festus... I hope you have many many more good days together! :grouphug

Edited by guinness_the_greyt

I am so sorry for the diagnosis for Festus. It is heartbreaking to know what is happening to your beloved grey. Enjoy every moment you can and give him lots and lots of love (which you already are doing - it is clear how much you love each other). May Festus continue to have his appetite improve and may you have lots of wonderful moments together. We will all be thinking about you and sending good thoughts.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so terribly sorry. :cry1:weep:cry1 Life is so utterly unfair. Spend all the time you can with your beautiful boy, love him, breathe in his presence, make memories. Glad to hear he does not seem to be in pain right now.

Sending many hugs... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug We're here for you Tami.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Vinnie

We are so sorry to hear about the diagnosis of your sweet old man - our Gracie's face is already starting to look like his and she is only 3 so now I know what she'll look like down the road :wub::wub::wub: - please give Festus extra scritches and gentle hugs from all of us here. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. We know how hard it is to let go, but you'll know when the time is right. In the meantime, enjoy every minute making precious memories. It is evident how very much you love each other.

I'm so very sorry. I know how hard this is having gone through it with two of mine. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Well, I worked today from 7am til about 6pm. We had our arts festival today. I stink and I'm sweaty and tired. BUT I came home and Festus, Sunscreen and Angel all met me at the door. Wagging and grinning. Festie peed on the floor by the back door, but I'm sure that's the prednisone talking. He ate a pound of hamburger, trotted outside into the yard, peed, and trotted back in. (Up and down four steps no problem.) He wasn't panting or anything. He JUST started panting as I was writing this.

I think he looks less bloated today, too. Now he looks like he did when this first started. Like he swallowed a cantaloupe instead of a watermelon.

He's laying here on the couch next to me just looking at me. The other dogs are crashed out in this room, too.

Well, Why is he panting now...hmmm...

So anyway, I don't know. He looks better to me. Miracles happen, right??? Heck, I have all you guys praying for him and sending him white light and good thoughts...why NOT?

So keep up the good work!

LOVE YOU!!!! TJ

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest KRKWMU

I bet the pred is why he's panting. Bonnie was on heavy doses of it when she was first diagnosed with lymphoma. She'd start panting for no obvious reason. Now that her dosage is much lower, the panting has stopped for the most part.

I'm glad he is feeling a little better and eating well. I hope this continues for quite a while. :goodluck

One day at a time, but every day that he feels good is a good day!

Oh, I left the back door open for a while today while the dogs were in and out and I was making a fire outside. The white cat seems to have left, and hasn't come back. :( Crap. The kids are going to be upset! I'm going to end up putting an ad in the paper to find a cat that I barely just found! Shoulda had him chipped.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)