Festus...need Prayers, Updated June 11. Pictures Post 120

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KyGrey

Oh Tams, looks at that poor baby's belly. I'm glad he's still his old happy self. Hopefully he will eat his way out of it. Sending my hugs and kisses to Festus from Ky.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to Festus. I hope it all goes away and he's back to normal soon!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

OH....precious baby boy...hang in there sweetie. Sending prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Poor Festus. His little, er, bloated belly looks so uncomfortable and kind of :preggo . I'm glad it's "fixable" and your Festus will be OK. Vet bills can be ridiculous but they can also be so worth it - as you say "priceless".

Way to go for saving that kitty. I saw his photo on another thread and I'm moderately glad I live too far to ship a cat. He sounds like a gem.

:grouphug for you and :kiss2 on the nose for Festus.

Image removed. Not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 17.51 KB (17,929 bytes) file size.

Feel better soon, Festus.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Update: Friday Festus went in and had his albumin and protein checked. I was a little confused. I guess it was the albumin that they were trying to get up. Anyway, the goal was to get it from 1.6 to 1.8 by Friday, and it was at 2.0. That's good.

He's panting a lot though, and looks very skinny except for the big gut, which looks a bit bigger because of the skinniness.

CarolewithRunningDogs told me that eggs worked well with her dog to raise her albumin when it was low, so I'm going to try giving him scrambled eggs with his z/d and pills. He's done with the canned food for now, but I'm still soaking his food in warm water just to make sure that it's enticing to eat. I'm going to try giving him a midday meal in addition to his morning and evening meals as well. He has the "regular" dry food always available, but prefers the prescription food.

The cat is on antibiotics for conjunctivitis in his eyes. I got paid, so I'm going to have him tested for FIV/Feline Leukemia so he can come meet the other animals. I don't know how they'll feel about it, either. Tigger has finally stopped camping out outside the white cat's door though, so maybe he's getting used to it.

I spent four hours painting the art center yesterday morning and seven cleaning my house. It still is a mess, but I got 15 boxes emptied and put away.

Eric bought me the new David Sedaris book, so I've been reading that.

Thanks again for all the support. No one is even vaguely interested in taking this cat, but I spent some time in there with him today, and he's just so sweet. Maybe he can stay. I just worry about the money and the other animals...sigh. I want to eventually NOT have all these animals. It's just too hard right now. But they keep coming, and I don't feel like I have any choice but to take care of them. Jezebel died, and I thought, okay...down to two cats. Then Tigger came back. (He's the offspring of my younger female, and was seven when she returned him.) Meer is 20 and I'm trying to deal with her chronic bladder infections, and all that comes with THAT, and now this white cat. (The kids call him Snowball.) And with Festus sick...well, it just is a lot.

So anyway, thanks again for your support. It helps.

T

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Festus' big tummy is not better. If anything it's bigger. The protein and albumen levels are now normal, so something else is going on. Tomorrow he's getting an ultrasound as there may be an underlying issue. That which must not be named.

He's not eating well today. Just not interested and sleeping a lot. The vet said to give him Pepcid to see if that helps. I'm going to get some more canned food and see if that makes a difference. He looks thin other than that big tummy.

Oh, and brought the white cat to the vet for FIV/Leuk testing. He's negative.

Edited by Forevermybabies

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest trevdog

Sending lots of prayers to Festus....it does sound like something serious is going on, in the least fluid buildup in his abdomen.

Ah, the poor old guy. He'll be in our prayers.

I know what you mean about all the animals. It just seems overwhelming sometimes.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Also looking for an update and sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

:heart Festus :heart And here I thought we were out of the woods with him!! :sad1

Sending lots and lots of prayers for Festus! :hope:grouphug

I'm sorry he's not better, Tami. Sending lots of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Well, tomorrow he gets an ultrasound. They're looking for a mass.

I took the day off of work. I just couldn't face my day. Had a cry with Festus this morning. My sister brought me lunch.

I took the dogs to the dog park, then to the falls (my special sacred place), and then to the store to get some more canned dog food to try to entice him to eat. It was about six hours, and they're all pooped out.

Festus held up well. He's tired, but we went slow and rested a lot. I didn't bother leashing him because he's so slow...he drags behind, and besides, he's my shadow. So he walked along behind us and we stopped several times to lie down and rest in the shade. He just stands and waits while I get the other dogs into and out of the car. With this long suffering look on his face.

How will I go on without Festus? He's eleven and a half...I know that he's not getting any younger. But how will I go on without him?

This is such a bad time in my life. Not just because of him, but several other things...I just feel like my heart is breaking apart. And I don't think I had much left over to spare.

Oh Tami, I so know how you feel about your boy. I hope and pray that his ultra sound is good. :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest houndlover

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this right now. I will be sending good thoughts and prayers that the ultrasound results are good. :grouphug