Festus...need Prayers, Updated June 11. Pictures Post 120

Guest vahoundlover

Thinking about you and Festus. Glad he is having good days!

Sorry to hear about your new found friend. :grouphug Hopefully you will find him soon :goodluck

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The white cat came back a few minutes ago. I was cooking some eggs. I guess he loved the smell. He's now licking out a can of dog food. Don't ask me why, but he seems to be enjoying himself.

Festus is tired today. He took his pills and ate about 1/2 lb of hamburger. Now he's sleeping again. He's on the bed on the livingroom floor with Angel on the floor next to him.

My receptionist has her 80th bday party today. I don't have a present for her! I don't know what to get. When I find something I know she'd like or need, I get it for her. So now I don't have anything! Rats! I'm supposed to be there in about an hour. Ideas?

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Flowers. Chocolate. Gift certificate or gift card. Or, got any ceramics? I have a beautiful tile with a heart on it that I won in an auction, believe you made it.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She does love art...I was thinking about that. I don't know if I have anything around. She works at the art center, so she's pretty much seen all my stuff. :lol I was thinking a GC to the grocery store. Seems so darn practical. I got her flowers Friday (her actual birthday), and she's diabetic, so chocolate is out.

I might have to go with the GC. I know she'd definitely USE it. I was going to paint something for her, but am hopelessly uninspired. Maybe I'll get her a GC and paint her something later. I know where to find her...

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Thinking of you and Festus. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest luvRgreys

Just saw this, so very sorry for Festus and you! Lost our Buddy to this dread disease also, just not fair. Fixed beef stew for my husband, but put it on my face so Buddy could give me kisses before we lost him(he wasn't a kisser!) and I still can feel his kisses :colgate Just love your Festus every minute, I know you will. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Well, Festus is downright perky today. And the bloating is all gone. Well, maybe not ENTIRELY gone, but his tuck is back. Anyone else with a lymphoma dog see this?

321617945.jpg

321617944.jpg

I think of Festus often and am so glad to see that his bloat is way down. Bless his big heart... :kiss2 Continuing the prayers and light. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest KyGrey

Do you think maybe he just held his breath and blew up like that so you would get him some raw chicken and hamburger?? :lol :lol

Seriously, he looks great!!! Hoping the diagnosis is incorrect and he has many days, weeks, months and years ahead. :grouphug :grouphug

Guest Tenderhearts

I am so sorry, I am just now seeing this. What a precious face he has! :wub:

Keeping both of you in my prayers, Tami :hope

Guest becca97
:grouphug these furry angels do keep us on our toes and our hearts in our mouths ... heres hoping the best possible outcome occurs, whatever that maybe. :(

Guest paulamariez

I am so sorry to hear about poor Festus. He is a gorgeous boy and looks so precious on the pictures you posted of him! I will keep his tender heart in my prayers, so he has some wonderful, quality time left with his beloved family!

Wow!! Look at him tuck into that huge pile of meat!! :)

I'm just seeing this whole thread, and my heart is aching for you. :( I hope you continue to have wonderful times to share, and memories still to make.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

Edited by Xan

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest LadyChester

He's looking good! Keep up the great work, Festus :grouphug Momma will keep givin ya that yummy stuff :-)

Edited by LadyChester