Can You Spare Some Prayers For My Sweet Abby Girl?

Guest formercatlady

Guest formercatlady

We went for our normal afternoon walk, down to the water and she took a quick dip to keep her cool. We did a lap around the baseball field, then another quick dip b/c she LOVES the water.

She started limping on the way back up the hill. I thought she had just stepped on a pebble, but when I picked her front foot up to look.....her big pad was split completely open and the cut was deep :(

It was pretty scary seeing her bleed like that. I picked her up but I could only carry her halfway home. Anyhow, we rushed to the ER vet and she's there now. She has to be anesthetized so the pad can be stitched up. I know it's not a HUGE deal, but I'm a nervous wreck and would appreciate any good thoughts for my baby girl.

Edited by formercatlady

You got it! I would be worried just as you are...we all worry about our sweet babes. Please update us as you can. :grouphug Hurry home sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sure you're scared--I'd be terrified--but I'm also sure your girl is in good hands and should be fine :)

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest formercatlady
I'm sure you're scared--I'd be terrified--but I'm also sure your girl is in good hands and should be fine :)

She was just so scared when we were there. She's a nervous girl already, but she was shaking like a leaf :weep

I hope she'll be home with you soon. All fixed up safe and sound.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Poor babe, and poor you. Sending lots of hugs and good thoughts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor Abby (and Mommy) prayers for a quick recovery. Hope she is home with you soon.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh Abby! :dogcookie:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest formercatlady

ER vet just called. Abby is very groggy so they want to keep her overnight to make sure she comes out of the anesthesia fine. The vet said it is a pretty bad injury...her pad was sliced straight through to the bone :( She has three layers of sutures, and a splint that she'll have to wear for 3-4 weeks. Then therapaws. She is my unlucky baby. She broke a toe on the other front foot last spring.

I can most likely pick her up in the early morning. Thanks to all for your prayers :)

My goodness that was a terrible injury . I wonder what was in that water?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Ouch, that sounds painful. Poor Abby - I hope her injury heals quickly. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest argolola

Praise God she will be just fine.

Abby, Lola says to tell you that you will get spoiled even more when you get home from the hospital. She knows this because she had surgery last July.