It's Time For Stanley To Bid You A Fond Farewell

Bevd

Stanley certainly touched a lot of hearts, didn't he? I'm so sorry you lost your sweet little old man.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lori

Oh no. :( Stanley will be one of the most handsome and sweet angels at the bridge and will run - or maybe just trot :) - with his old friend Jess once again.

Godspeed

Guest poopsie1

Your posts and pictures always touched my heart because my Stanley looks just like your Stanley. I am so, so sorry. Run free, handsome boy, and send Mommy a sign soon. f_yellowf_yellow

Stanley: I am glad to hear that you had an easy trip across the bridge. I hope Maddison, Sally and you are planning a really really good sign to send your mom & dad.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I can't believe I missed this. I'm so sorry Bev :bighug . Wasn't Stanley adopted with Jessie? Now they are back together :gh_run2 .

Stanley & Jessie shared a kennel for two and a half years. When I phoned to make my initial enquiry, the man told me about an eight and a half year old dog and an eleven year old female. We opted for the female and Jessie entered our lives. Six weeks later, we caved in and went back for Stanley :) Jessie was *so* happy to see him when we brought him home. For the first time since she'd been with us, she started to bark and play-bow as soon as she clapped eyes on him :beatheart

This was taken when Stanley had been home 2 months

stanjessie100703a.jpg

So yes, they are now reunited again :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest attila

Good-bye Stanley! You led a famous and celebrated life as one of the lucky dogs in the Doyle pack. Say Hello to Attila for me!

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I've learned to say "see ya later" instead of goodbye. It's easier, for me anyway.

I'll have to remember that

My condolences to your entire pack family. You have peace of mind and closure when you don't wait for the worse. :f_red:f_white:f_pinkf_yellow

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

I've just been sorting out our front room upstairs and got rid of loads of bits of rubbish that I've been meaning to sort for ages. I put my hand into a cardboard box and pulled out a little red hardbacked book and when I opened it to see what I'd used it for, the page it opened at was the page I'd made notes on, when phoning up to arrange to bring Stanley home, 5 years today (his 5th Gotcha Day would have been on Thursday). So, I think my Stan has let me know that he's arrived safely and that all is well :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest greytmonty
I've just been sorting out our front room upstairs and got rid of loads of bits of rubbish that I've been meaning to sort for ages. I put my hand into a cardboard box and pulled out a little red hardbacked book and when I opened it to see what I'd used it for, the page it opened at was the page I'd made notes on, when phoning up to arrange to bring Stanley home, 5 years today (his 5th Gotcha Day would have been on Thursday). So, I think my Stan has let me know that he's arrived safely and that all is well :beatheart

That is a good feeling. Best wishes to you and your family.

Guest mdituro

OH MY GOSH! Stanley is looking down and smiling! :angelwings

Guest LisaLuvsGreys

Bev, I am so sorry to hear about Stanley! My heart is touched that you found Stanley's homecoming journal. Big Hugs!