Bueller Got Attacked At The Park Today!

Guest paulamariez

Guest paulamariez

My poor, poor baby. Some stupid !@#$ing guy was walking THREE HUGE MASTIFFS WITHOUT LEASHES at the park this morning. They came up behind Ronn and my three boys and the one just attacked poor Bueller from behind. They didn't even know they were coming. Ronn had to jump on the dog like a line backer to get him off Bueller. Bueller's back leg got the brunt of the damage. He's got a bunch of puncture wounds on his back leg and some on his chest. The worst part was that the main blood vessel that runs down Bueller's back leg got nicked. He's got his leg in a compression bandage and we're watching a blood spot to see if it stops bleeding on its own. If it doesn't he'll have to go back in for surgical intervention. The E-vet wanted to keep Bueller until they found out we didn't have enough money to pay. We managed to scrape up the money, even having the girl at the front desk kick in $ 1.90 so we'd be paid up. (this after paying out $658 on Friday for the dental.) So they basically tossed us out after patching poor Bueller up. If all goes well today/tonight, Bueller gets the compression bandage off tomorrow and gets evaluated by our regular vet. WHY WHY WHY did this have to happen??? Please keep my poor, precious, sweet boy in your prayers. He's such a good boy, he does not deserve this. He was just getting back to his old self after his dental on Friday. Thank you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How scary! I hope he is okay.

Did you get information on the owner? He should be the one paying the bills. You could even file a police report if you have a leash law there.

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

OMG! :yikes Your poor baby! Sending loads of prayers and light to Bueller for healing. :hope:candle BTW, did you get the guy's name and number? At the very least, I'd report the incident to animal control. :angry:

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest SoulsMom
OMG! :yikes Your poor baby! Sending loads of prayers and light to Bueller for healing. :hope:candle BTW, did you get the guy's name and number? At the very least, I'd report the incident to animal control. :angry:

DITTO!! If you don't have the guys info I'm sure we can arrange a posse to find him :POed

:candle gentle, healing thoughts to Bueller

Guest paulamariez

Yes, we got his name and address. Ronn went over there right away and so far he's coughed up the money for today's visit and said to just bring him the bills and he'll pay for whatever else he needs to. Hopefully the check won't bounce. With our luck it probably will. And yes, we have leash laws over here. It's illegal to walk a dog anywhere in our county without a leash, plus there's a big sign at the park that ALL DOGS MUST BE LEASHED. But of course that doesn't apply to everyone. There's a lot of people that go there and carry the leash. That's why Ronn takes our early a.m. to avoid the crowds. Didn't help today though.

Guest KennelMom

I hope all works out with this guy paying the vet bills and that Bueller heals up quickly...have you filed a report with Animal Control or the police?

Guest Kpparker

I hope Bueller is doing okay.. please please please report that guy! Nothing will change if he isnt forced to change it.

how awful!! please right down the person's info before you deposit the check. please report him or poor Bueller may not be the last dog this happens too...and it could be that he wasn't the first!

I sure hope Bueller heals quickly and uneventfully :hope :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest lauri

I'd take the guy's checks and cash themat HIS bank right away. That way there's no delay in finding out if they'll bounce.

Hugs to your pup.

I am SO sorry. This is just so unfair. I hope the checks are good and that Bueller feels better real soon. Hug and kiss him for me. :(:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:grouphug for you and Bueller!!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I'm so sorry, poor Bueller and his worried parents.

Sounds like you need to find a new e-vet if possible (or is that sort of thing standard at an e-vet?)

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

NO way, after what Bueller just went through.First priority is to be sure your boy is okay. That's a lot of trauma for him. Then....nail the jerk. Bueller deserves the best, and I know how much you love him so I know he'll get the best.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry :( . How scary and frightening for Bueller and for you. Sending healing hugs and prayers :grouphug:hope ... be sure to file a report with animal control or the police so that this can hopefully be prevented in the future. I'm so sorry :(.

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest sheila
Yes, we got his name and address. Ronn went over there right away and so far he's coughed up the money for today's visit and said to just bring him the bills and he'll pay for whatever else he needs to. Hopefully the check won't bounce. With our luck it probably will. And yes, we have leash laws over here. It's illegal to walk a dog anywhere in our county without a leash, plus there's a big sign at the park that ALL DOGS MUST BE LEASHED. But of course that doesn't apply to everyone. There's a lot of people that go there and carry the leash. That's why Ronn takes our early a.m. to avoid the crowds. Didn't help today though.

If the check bounces hang onto it. With that and the receipt from the e-vet that is probably enough evidence to take the guy to small claims court and sue. Make sure and keep any record of future vet costs as well. I would also make a police report and keep a copy of that too.

Guest argolola

I feel so bad for your poor little sweetheart. Please call the police if you haven't done so. Bueller will be in my prayers.

Lola was attacked by an off leash dog, so this is something that makes my blood boil.

Please keep us posted. God bless.

Guest FordRacingRon

Speaking from experience,,,fix the dog,,, then nail the SOB to the wall.

This is an everyday occurance here where we ONLY walk in the park (because my dog was bitten by a beagle then a pitbull on the streets,,,,and I know about wrestling dogs too since I had to wrestle the pit),,, and yes where I live it is a state, county,city and park law to leash your dog,,and everyday the yoyos are out there letting there dogs run loose. Tell AC too. Because you know what, this will happen again to another dog then another if you don't tell them. If you do, this guy will be in trouble. Sorry if I am ranting but I get SO MAD when this happens, because it happened to me and THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

Big hugs to Bueller for an easy recovery.

Guest ss556

I'm sorry this happened. I've been there 3 times, twice requiring stitches. Take care of Bueller and then get the money. People are stupid. I asked the same question, why, why why??? It doesn't help unfortunately. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Poor Bueller! I don't know if you have heard of this, but there is a citronella-spray that is in a mace-style can called Direct Stop. It can usually stop an attack (IF you can see it coming! my gosh!) but it can also distract the attacking-dog for a few valuable seconds to pull them apart. It's about $10 per can. Get well soon B!

"Mrs. Bass was a poor teacher, a phrase which here does not mean "a teacher who doesn't have a lot of money" but "a teacher who is obsessed with the metric system." --Lemony Snicket

"Do you want to convert from the hydrocarbon economy to the carbohydrate economy?" --Rep. Jim Oberstar

Guest boondog

Poor Bueller! He's in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated.

I also wanted to tell you, for future reference, about the Care Credit payment plan that many vet offices use. It's something to ask about if you ever need it. Of course, it doesn't apply in this case because the SOB owner is the one who's responsible.

Guest TBSFlame

Poor baby. What I don't understand is it there is a leash law why do people allow their dogs off leash. It is simple. If there is a leash law keep you d**n dogs on a leash. I am so sorry your baby is having to pay the price for this stupid person. People like that should not be allowed to own a dog.