Prayers For Penny

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no!!!! I'm so sorry!!!! :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Update: :sick Penny has lymphoma. DH and I will be meeting with the doctor at Tufts at 2pm today. I can not believe it.

I am so sorry. I know your every emotion...and I know the shock of receiving such a diagnosis as we went through this with Angel LaceyLaine. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. If I can help in any way...please let me know. Hug Penny for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry to hear the DX. Wow. Best wishes for whatever treatment you opt for :goodluck:hope :hope

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest HeatherDemps

I'm so sorry about the diagnosis..... She is in my thoughts and prayers.... if you haven't already, definitely do join Circle of Grey- lots of information and support in addition to the wonderful support on GT.

Guest Sula
Update: :sick Penny has lymphoma. DH and I will be meeting with the doctor at Tufts at 2pm today. I can not believe it.

So so sorry to hear this. Keep us updated--you and Penny are in our thoughts.

Guest Vinnie

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this. I did not know that lymphoma could pop up like this - especially if she was running around the yard like you said she was. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way about osteo this same way. I cannot tell you how sorry we are for this diagnosis. I hope that it is treatable and you have many wonderful days and years ahead with your sweet girl. Please keep us posted after your appointment today. I second the Circle of Grey - we didn't have time to join but I know that they have quite a few different support groups on there - and I know that we are here for you too - it always helps to have a good support group and GT'ers are the best. Hugs to you and scritches to sweet Penny - we will keep you in our prayers.

:grouphug I am so sorry to hear this. I was hoping that since she was so young that it was an infection. I hope the treatment stops the lymphoma in its tracks and you have lots of quality time together. :hope:hope
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Thanks everyone. We just got back from meeting with the doctor. We are going to start treatment (chemo) and see how it goes. We don't want to be really aggressive with it, but if she tolerates the treatment then we will continue. If she completes the 14 week protocol (one treatment a week for six weeks and then every other week for eight more), that could give her 9-12 months additional time. If we did nothing, she would have 2-3 months. They will be doing a chest xray tonight to see if it is in her lungs. If it is, the prognosis is not so good. Her blood work looks good (kidney and liver function, calcium, etc).

She looks great and doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. They love her, because she is so loving. They said she's not the "typical" shy greyhound- don't I know it. While we were discussing her situation with the doctor, the resident, DH and myself, she walked from person to person for her scritches. I also saw her give her paw on command, for the resident, for the first time ever! We expect to take her home on Saturday.

2wck1zc.jpg

Guest paulamariez

Oh no! Not another hound fallen to this horrible disease! I am so sorry for your sweet little Penny. I will be sending tons of prayers for Penny for a quick and complete healing. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending poor Penny lots of healing doggie kisses too.

My heart and prayers are with you. There is a wonderful support group with a wealth of knowledge and support. It's the yahoo group lymphomaheartdogs. I joined when Angel LaceyLaine was diagnosed. There are some babes on there doing very well! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Prayers for you and Penny. Praying for a miracle. They do happen. Keep the faith.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest KRKWMU

I'm so sorry to hear that it is lymphoma. You are likely to get overwhelmed the next couple of weeks with all of the research and reading. If you need ANYTHING, please let me know. DH and I went from feeling completely lost and helpless to thinking that this is a battle we're ready to fight (and win!). I second Patricia's recommendation to join the Lymphomaheartdogs Yahoo group. The board is great to get ideas and share experiences. I don't post too much, but I get the daily digest and read what everyone has to say. I also joined the Circle of Greys group. Usually I cut and paste my posts to both groups to avoid spending a ton of time re-writing everything. Each group is different and they both give you a ton of information. And, of course we are all here for you on GT.

Bonnie has had many ups and downs...not life-threatening downs, but minor frustrating setbacks. The chemo meds will likely affect Penny's appetite and make her nauseous. Talk to your vet about getting some kind of medication to help with this. Bonnie has a few good days, then a few bad days. It also takes awhile to prepare her meals and get the medications in her. We set up baby-gates in the kitchen because our other two would have eaten her food. All of the little stuff like that was what I wasn't prepared for. I hope you can slowly take everything in and figure out what works best for you.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. Bonnie was on the COP protocol for 8 weeks and then we switched to the LMP protocol. We're about 1/2 way through this 8 week cycle. Our vet has been consulting with Dr. Couto at OSU. We'll see what they recommend after this 8 weeks is over.

Good luck with things. We'll be thinking about you and Penny. I'll keep in touch. We're rooting for you, Penny!!! ;)

I'm sorry the news wasn't better. Sending lots of hugs and all the luck there is for you and Penny.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Sending many "feel well" thoughts to Penny. I hope she tolerates chemo and it's side effects.

Many many thoughts to all of you.

Guest vahoundlover

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of prayers Penny tolerates the treatment and will be schmoozing everyone for a long long time. :grouphug

Guest SoulsMom
Thanks everyone. We just got back from meeting with the doctor. We are going to start treatment (chemo) and see how it goes. We don't want to be really aggressive with it, but if she tolerates the treatment then we will continue. If she completes the 14 week protocol (one treatment a week for six weeks and then every other week for eight more), that could give her 9-12 months additional time. If we did nothing, she would have 2-3 months. They will be doing a chest xray tonight to see if it is in her lungs. If it is, the prognosis is not so good. Her blood work looks good (kidney and liver function, calcium, etc).

She looks great and doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. They love her, because she is so loving. They said she's not the "typical" shy greyhound- don't I know it. While we were discussing her situation with the doctor, the resident, DH and myself, she walked from person to person for her scritches. I also saw her give her paw on command, for the resident, for the first time ever! We expect to take her home on Saturday.

She sounds just like Soul :wub:

Continuing to send good, healing thought to Penny and hugs to you :grouphug

Guest HersheysMom

I'm so very sorry about Penny.

We just started the "Modified UW-Madison Protocol" for Hershey's lymphoma last week. His second treatment is today. Is this the protocol you are on? If so and you're just starting, we'll be one week ahead of you. Feel free to pm me if you want to hear my experiences with each treatment as they go along.