Poppy Is Back From Her Op(s)

Little Poppy is now home after her spey surgery. We knew she needed a lump removed from one of her back feet too, so that's been done (and she's wearing a revolting coloured bandage to prove it). When she was on the operating table the vet phoned to say that her top two canines were really horrid and did we want him to remove them so we said yes. (Its only 2 months since most of her other teeth were removed, a couple of weeks before she came to us). So, she's got a sore tummy from her spey, a sore foot from her lump removal and a sore gob from having two giant teeth removed :huh The vet said that because the cavities left behind by these canines are so huge, they have packed the cavities with some sort of seaweed pack thingy but because this all lies so close to the nasal passages, we may find that one or both packs emerges....down her nose :eek He warned me so that if I saw a large green....thing at 11pm one night, I'd not phone him in hysterics :lol

She came in, went to the garden, had a wee and then walked slowly (a bit like a drunken cow) to her bed where she is now sleeping.

poppy240408b.jpg

poppy240408a.jpg

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh sweetheart...sending prayers for a very quick recovery. Such a gorgeous girl! :wub::grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So happy she is home and safe. She'll sleep it off and be just fine. :kiss2

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh poor Poppy. You need a spa sweetie.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Awww, poor little Poppy! They really worked you over from stem to stern, didn't they sweetie? :kiss2

Well, at least you got it all over with and only had to go under the anesthesia once.

Hope you're feeling better soon!!! :getwell

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Oh Poor girl, they really worked her over from tip to tail, no?

Feel better soon Poppy!

edited because I can't speel

Edited by MomofSweetPotatoes

Poppy now looks like an English Bull Terrier because her shnozzle has swollen after having those two big teefs out yesterday :wacko: Other than that, she seems to be recovering well :) She's a big snuffly though, so I do hope those seaweed things aren't about to make an appearance :eek:lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!