Monty

Trekkysmom7

I would like to say good-bye to the most special greyhound. Monty only came into my life about 3 weeks ago. He was one of 3 senior greyhounds returned from a family at the same time. Monty was a wonderful foster at my house. He was perfect. Unfortunately, he started to have some issues walking and then became incontinent of both stool and urine. We went to the vet and x-rays showed cancer in his spine. I officially adopted him and bought him a Big Boy collar and ID tag so that he would know that he was loved and had a home. He declined rapidly and I helped him over the bridge on Monday April 7 as he no longer seemed to be enjoying life. He is now pain free and running with the other bridge angels.

Unfortunately, one of the other senior greyhounds that was returned from this family was found to have a rectal tumor that was diagnosed as cancer. His foster home will be helping him through the remainder of his time. The good news is that the third greyhound returned from this family is healthy and has found a new and wonderful forever home!!

Monty was only with me a few weeks but has left a huge hole in my heart. He was a wonderful and very special greyhound. I just want to tell him one more time how special he was and that he was very much loved by his family and that we miss him and hope to see him again someday.

--Kim S. with greyhounds Trekky and Trixie and Kirby and Watson and Angel Monty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seniors are the best. I'm so sorry that your time with him was so short.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm sorry he couldn't stay longer with you. Sending hugs.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Greyhoundbaby

I am so sorry that you had Monty for such a short time because it is obvious that he was loved greatly....

Run free sweet Monty - :gh_run

Thank you for loving him the way he deserved to be loved,

God Speed Monty.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm sorry that it was time for Monty to leave so soon. :grouphug They capture our hearts so quickly, and leave such a big hole when they go. You did right by him. Blessings to you. :heart Godspeed, sweet Monty... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest argolola

I'm crying as I read your post, but the good news is that you gave him a wonderful home and lots of love. THank you for making his last days the best.

Prayers for you and your family.

thank you for being there for Monty when he needed the love of a home and for you to be there with him at the end of this journey. My sympathy to you on the loss of Monty. I know those 3 weeks meant the world to him. Godspeed sweet Monty.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Bless you for adopting him knowing he had little time left. How wonderful he had a forever home at the end. Godspeed sweetheart.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee