Henry Had A Massive Grand Mal

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

I am still so shookup. tears are pouring down my face. Oh my goodness. I thought Henry was going to die. I paniced and forgot about the ice bag trick at first, I went to him in complete shock, and tried to put a hand on him to soothe him and he was just seizuring so badly. And I remember thinking he's going to die, he's going to die. Finally I remembered the ice bag trick, after about two minutes. I put the ice bag on hislower back, and he stopped convulsing so violently within twoseconds. He then just lasid there anothe rminute, foaming at the mouth. I kept holdin a blob of peanut butter up to him wtha pheno pill, for when he was ready to be abel to eat it. Our 4 year old stoof in the corner quite scared. After all that, I had my fist panic attack ad couldnt breathe. My husband is hurrying jome as fast as he can right now. Pleas epray he doesnt cluster,.

Guest greytbookert

Many prayers for Henry and hugs to you!

I hope all is well very soon! I don't have any seizure advice but wanted to offer support while you are waiting for your DH!

I am so sorry. I know how hard it is...I have been there. Sending prayers and hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I know how hard it is to stay calm but please try for Henry's sake and for yours, he's going to need to you have your wits about you when he comes out of it. Have you talked to your vet about having valium on hand when he seizes. This seizure sounds like the ones Saint has. Please be very careful when he comes too, with seizures this bad sometimes they are so confused when they come to he may growl and try to bite you.

My heart is definitely with you right now. I know exactly how you feel. My prayers are with you and Henry.

Edited to add: If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Snowy8

Ditto what Judy said. If you need advise about seizures...PM Judy...trust me, she knows...she's instructed me with Gabby & gives good advise. :beatheart

Oh no. Keeping you and Henry in my thoughts and praying the next update is a good one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Gosh, I am so sorry, I can feel how scared you were from your post. It's great that you were able to overcome your fear and remembered to get the ice pack and have the p/b and pill ready for when he could take it. I'm glad your s/o was able to go home and be with all of you, it is very frightening to go through these things alone.

Good thoughts to Henry and your family.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest EmilyAnne

My husband is home. I have calmed down. Henry is sleeping. The house looks like a tornado hit it. That was scary. After I put the ice bag on his back, he stopped convulsing in such a violent manner, but he was still in this 'state'. He was still rigid and foaming atthe mouth, and every tiny sound made him flinch. His eyes looked like he was brain dead. I thought the seizure had already done too much damage and he wasn't going to recover. He stayed like that for longer than the violent part lasted. I'd say the violent part was 2 minutes, and the other state he was in was about 4 minutes. Time to increase his med.

Thank you so much for all the support. It's nice to know so many people care so deeply and there are others wo know what it's like.

Oh, sweetie :grouphug Of course you're scared, but it sounds as if you did everything just right.

Deep breath, cyber hugs to Henry, and let us know how he's doing when everything is calm again.

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Oh gosh, that sounded really really scary. I'm so sorry. Glad things are a bit calmer now. Sending many, many hugs to you and Henry. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Please let us know how things turn out... :goodluck :goodluck Keeping you in my thoughts.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest EmilyAnne

Here's a picture of Henry resting. He likes to be surrounded by a border of blankets and pillows and such. I had to take the cover off the sofa cushion to wash.

postseizure002.jpg

He's such a good boy and I really love him. I couldnt stand it if anything happened to him.

:grouphug It's so heartbreaking to have to see them go through that. Keeping you in our thoughts as you work to get his meds adjusted...go away, seizures!!!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Tenderhearts

Having had a seizure dog many many moons ago, I know how terrifying that is!

Hugs for you, and white light for sweet Henry! :grouphug :grouphug :candle :candle :candle

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs
:grouphug I'm so sorry. My Willow had seizures like that, and I know how terribly frightening they are. You and Henry are in my thoughts and prayers.