Kia

gazehund

She broke her leg, running full tilt as always, on a hike Sunday. Osteo was confirmed Monday. We let her go.

DH carried her the 2 miles out of the woods to get her to the car. We were both there with her to send her over the Rainbow Bridge. Hell bent, I am sure. I hope the Bridge is ready........

Thank you Dee, Mary, Michelle, Cathie and most of all Heather.

We miss our little spitfire. She was here 8 years. It was not long enough. The house is soooooo quiet, even with the other 3 hounds. We are o.k.

Probably one of my favorite pictures of her. Doing what she always loved to do, where she loved to do it. The only thing she loved more than running on the beach was being with us. She slept with us every single night of her life.

She is back home, with us. The first in our greyhound cemetery. She is buried with our other two retired racers. My two Thoroughbred ex - race horses.

I have never asked anything of anyone here in the 10 years I have been here. Please keep us in your thoughts now.

Rest well my little love. You will always, always be loved. Wait for us on the other side. We love you more than word can say.

Kia.gif

Edited by gazehund

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no Nancy! I am soooo so sorry. What a horribly shocking thing! I wish I had better words... You are in my thoughts.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest PhillyPups

NOOOOOOOOOOO Nancy I am so very very sorry.

I am sure the Queen greeted her and they had quite a talk about us.

Run with the angels sweet Kia, you are with some of the very best.

Nancy, :bighug to you and you all are in my :hope and thoughts.

Nancy, I am so sorry. :weep:f_red

I wish there was something I could do or say to ease your pain. :grouphug

Kia sweetie, :kiss2 say hello to Rusty & Beanie, they

would love to run with you! :gh_run2

Nancy, you & Bill have been in my thoughts & prayers. :(

Edited by nyGreys

I am so sorry. My heart and prayers are with you both. I know my sweet Angels were there to meet Angel Kia and show her around the Bridge. Godspeed...:grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry for your loss of Kia. I'm sure she's resumed running full tilt at the bridge. Godspeed Kia! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

OMG Nancy. I am so sorry. I loved your beautiful girl. :cry1

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Nancy, I am so sorry. :weep:f_red

I wish there was something I could do or say to ease your pain. :grouphug

Kia sweetie, :kiss2 say hello to Rusty & Beanie, they

would love to run with you! :gh_run2

Nancy, you & Bill have been in my thoughts & prayers. :(

Dee, I am going to need ArcE to run with Pearl. She is not even 7 yet and her running buddy is gone. Bones doesn't run much and Future doesn't run as far as he used to at almost 13 years old. The boys seem o.k., but Pearl is lost.

Thanks everyone, we appreciate your thoughts.