Rainey Could Use Some Good Thoughts...

first of all, I apologize for not being on here and posting lately, I have a ridiculous school schedule this semester and with work I can barely keep up with homework :( I used to post a lot more, especially in this section, but I do still follow the posts as much as I can and I send as many prayers and white light as I can, even if I can't post :(

had a rotten day yesterday, I took a personal day because I had a feeling Rainey's pancreatitis might be flaring up, she threw up at around 4:30am....she seemed okay for most of the day until 6pm, an hour after I fed her (2nd time, 1st time at 9 am) -- she was in distress. So off to the vet (our regular vet), the dr. said he didn't think it was pan., or we caught it early on as her blood work came back ok (white blood cell count was low but he thought it was from her vomiting in the a.m.)? at any rate, she was acting EXACTLY the same way she did last year when she had it, couldn't lay down, kept sitting, not sleeping (eyes wide open, looking distressed), constantly stretching and arching her back, kept looking quizzically at her stomach....my poor girl :(

she can't have any food until tonite (good luck with THAT one, she's a TOTAL food hound and will be driving me nuts today) and he gave her sucralfate and famotidine....she also got SUB-Q fluids, but they did a MUCH better job than the E-vet did the last time -- they gave her WAY less, and they put it farther back (midway) on her sides than the other time (right over her shoulders) so this morning it's all gone and she isn't swollen up like last time! They also gave her an opiate-based pain shot at the E-vet the last time that she had a sever reaction too and they did NOT give her anything like that this time. I'm taking another day off at work (they're gonna fire me :( aaarrrgh [hopefully not! :unsure]) to monitor how she's doing. My little baby girl! :(

there's a lot sicker houndies out that that could use your good thoughts but if you have a spare moment my little girl could sure use a little white light :unsure

Thanks! :)

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:( Poor little peanut. Hope she recovers quickly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

One of the great things about white light is there is always enough to go around to those who need it . . . . no need to ration it!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Sending my prayers and hugs too. I hate Pancreatitis~Our Angel LaceyLaine was so sick with this demon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Bodie

White light coming to Rainey - I know that pancreatis can be a bear from the way Lacey Laine struggled with it.

I also am owned by a grey named Rainy, whose racing name was JR's Rainbow. She has a sister somewhere named JR's Rainey. It wouldn't by any chance be your Rainey?

My Bailey also had a couple of bouts with pancreatitis.

It sounds like you caught it very early and that is good...I'll be thinking good thoughts...let us know how she's doing later. It's so hard because it's so painful for them :cry1

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Sending prayers and white light. I hope he feels better real soon. Lots of hugs for both of you. :bighug:bighug:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Rainey we hope you feel better soon!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Hi guys, Rainey heeer. Thank you all berry much for all the prayers and gud toughts!!!! Dey seem to be workin' :):wub:

but I am SO HUNGRY!!!! I'se feeling a littel beeter and I reely want my lunch but my meen mommy wont gib me any :angry: She fed Nuber Duber at noon tooday and you NO WHAT I GOT????? THREE ICE CUBES IN MY BOWL :angryfire I luked at dem and then luked up at my mom :angry: I gabes her HUGE STINKEYE!!! :angryfire Are you KIDDING ME???? :bugeye She kept tellin me I cud habs some rize and boilled hamburgie at six BUT I DOAN NO HOW TO TELL TIME!!! Is it six yet???? :unsure:(

Tanks agin for all yur good toughts, my mommie haz been berry, berry wurried about me :unsure

Lubs,

Rainey Rainey Bo Bainey

(Kim here....the dr. said to withhold food until 6pm tonite and boy has that been fun! :lol she is a TOTAL food hound. Luckily, she LOVES ice cubes -- she sticks her head in the freezer (bottom freezer) whenever I open it so she can get a cube. I got smart 1/2 through the day and put cookie pieces in my pocket so after I gave Rain her cube I could slip Nube a real cookie :lol

Thanks again for all the good wishes! I KNOW they help! :)

White light coming to Rainey - I know that pancreatis can be a bear from the way Lacey Laine struggled with it.

I also am owned by a grey named Rainy, whose racing name was JR's Rainbow. She has a sister somewhere named JR's Rainey. It wouldn't by any chance be your Rainey?

Rainey's racing name was LG's Rainey -- I believe she was one of only 3 pups in her litter. My Rainey says HI :wave to your Rainy!!! :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Hey sweetie....it is almost 6. I know you will enjoy your dinner. Have mean Mommy (just joking) update us tonight if she can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

I gots my din - din!!!!! :D :D :D :D

it wuz bedder than my regulur food even!!!! I wuz sooooo hungary I inhaled it :blush even doe mommie told me to slow down (she tells me dat every day anyway) :)

I not doing my stretchy belly/lookin funny at my belly thing that lets mommy know when I'se not feeling good (aldoe she KNOWS right away when I'm not feeling good, eben before dat...she makes daddy wonder how she knows :blush ). :)

tanks again for all da good thoughts! I hope I'se be even bedder by tomorrow. I'se gotta eat da rice and beef stuf for anudder 4 dazes or so...fine by me :) Mom and dad cooked a bunch o rize on the stove and FORGOT ABOUDIT! Luckily it wasn't burned, it wuz still okay. Some chef my mommie is :lol

tanks again!!!! I send you wet, sloppie kissies (I'se REELY good at dem!!! :)) to eberybody!!! :kiss2

Rainey Girl :wub:

(she seems to be doing okay, I'm watching her very! carefully ). What's realllly weird is the last time this happened was March 20th of 2007!!! Just 7 days or so from last year! what the heck is going on??? :()

thanks again!!!! from my little girl and Nube, me and Bruce :wub:

So glad she is feeling better. It's like walking on eggshells waiting for the next round isn't it? :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg