Cannon's Surgery This Morning

Darcy too used to lay on her amp side and it used to make me feel ill in case it was hurting her but I asked my vet about it and he said it was perfectly normal and was a natural way of the dog protecting the wounded area. I also think it has something to do with a natural way of dealing with swelling (but I might have made that last bit up!).

Hoping that Cannon is being a good boy and recovering nicely now :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for another Cannon update!

Tania said he's doing well. :yay He's got a good appetite. I believe her exact words were "he's still a food bully". :lol

Seems the biggest difference is he's allowing his sister to cuddle with him. Something that never happened before!

p1078.jpg

p1080.jpg

p1082.jpg

p1095.jpg

My favourite picture:

p1103.jpg

Chemo is scheduled to start next week. Please continue to keep Cannon (and his family) in your prayers.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest EmbersDad

he looks great! that incision is clean, no bruising it appears,a nd he looks well on the mend. hang in there buddy!

Awwwww....sweet babies. My continued prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

He looks really good.

Prayers that it keeps up!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Continued prayers for Cannon and his family. :hope What a trooper he is... :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

He looks great :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest lotsagreys4me

Oh yes, he looks fabulous. I pray the healing time is short and he is running soon. Lots of prayers coming your way.

Guest paulamariez

Sending lots of prayers, love and light to that sweet little boy! What a brave, beautiful boy Cannon is! Tiger, Bueller and Domino sending Cannon lots of healing doggie kisses too!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest canagreyts

Our best wishes to Cannon and his family. He looks like he is healing really well :colgate. Hope all goes well with his chemo.

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink

Thanks Xan. I was wondering the same thing. Tania? Hows Cannon doing?

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

He looks great, I don't know how I missed this whole thread before!

I have read of many amputees laying on their incisions...I wonder if it also on some level feels good to put a little bit of pressure on the area?

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: July 17th

Cannon has told his Mom that it's time to go and see his sister Onyx again. Cannon will be leaving at 2:00 p.m. this afternoon.

A few pictures that Tania wanted to share of her beloved boy:

cannoninthesun.jpg

cannoninthesun2.jpg

cannoninthesun3.jpg

Godspeed Cannon! We love you and we'll miss you.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

My heart goes out to Tania and all her family.

Fly away home, handsome lad.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.