Sam's Limping

Hey, all. Trish asked me to post on her behalf, to get those white light, positive thought, prayers, healing energy going right away for Sam and her. Sam turned up limping a few days ago, and Trish is pretty scared.

Sam came to her shortly after she lost her beloved Petie to osteo. Sam has become Trish's rock, her personal therapy hound.

Sam has x-rays scheduled for 3pm Friday, which is as soon as she could get them.

I told her we're only going to be thinking positively right now, visualizing nothing but simple answers and quick recovery. I bet she'll get him in there and it will be like taking your car to the shop 'cause it's making a wierd sound, and then it won't do it for the mechanic! :D

So, while Sam is limping and obviously not at the top of his game right now, Trish needs your positive thoughts as much or more. Let's get the party rolling! :)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had many instances of limping among all four of my hounds over the years.

We have had :

torn crucuiate (Bones)

dislocated toes (Future)

Kia ripped her dew claw clean off.

Pearl has a long standing old injury that causes a limp at times.

Foreign body in a pad. (Bones)

Bones most recenlty presented with a serious limp that turned out to be a soft tissue injury and he has recovered well and fully.

There are many causes of a limp, most of them fixable. Having already lost one hound to osteo would most certainly be a reason to fear the worst when a limp presents.

Healing thoughts for Sam and Trish.

That's right. LOTS of reasons to limp! Heck, Happy is limping right now, has for a couple days, but I can see improvement. Just a yard-play sprain or old injury (broken hock) playing up. Brilly broke his toe. My kitty Meepy started limping yesterday (12 years old: probably landed wonky jumping off the furniture). Heck, *I* limp some mornings! :P Wabi limps EVERY morning! ;)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Sending prayers and hugs to Sam and Trish. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Petey died of Lymphoma but that doesn't change up the fear when a pup limps that's for sure. So all fingers and toes crossed for Sam.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Good thoughts for Sam. Paul starting limping shortly after we adopted him almost two years ago. It was a soft tissue injury and he is fine. I just give him glucosamine and MSM every day.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest kaotic1

I am crossing everything i got!! I lost Jordan to cancer and adopted a Sam too... I know i would be beside myself with worry... :hope it's just a soft tissue injury.

Sam, don't scare your mom, honey. Everything will be OK.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Petey died of Lymphoma but that doesn't change up the fear when a pup limps that's for sure. So all fingers and toes crossed for Sam.

Oops! Right, Susan. :rolleyes:

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest SueG201

Have your vet check for Erlichia, it is becoming very common in dogs and the first symptons

are limping. I lost a whippet 2 yrs ago, and now I firmly believe it was this tick borne disease

which was not a normal blood test to check for , have your vet send the blood out to

Protatek to make sure. i hope it is nothing to fear as I have lost two greys to osteo and it

is heartbreaking to say the least. Prayers to you

Guest TriciasZoo

I know this is mushy and sentimental, but it's so sweet that you remembered what Peatie died from. :bighug That totally touches my heart.

And Xan, you words, as always are perfect and just what I need. I don't know what I would do without you and the rest of my greyhound family and friends.

Thank you everyone. I will report as soon as I know something.

Hugs,

Trish and Sam

Sam, don't scare your mom, honey. Everything will be OK.

Yea, you tell him, Ducky!

Have your vet check for Erlichia, it is becoming very common in dogs and the first symptons

are limping. I lost a whippet 2 yrs ago, and now I firmly believe it was this tick borne disease

which was not a normal blood test to check for , have your vet send the blood out to

Protatek to make sure. i hope it is nothing to fear as I have lost two greys to osteo and it

is heartbreaking to say the least. Prayers to you

THank you. I just put a note on my phone so I'd remember to have him send out a TBD panal.

Guest houndlover
Here's a pic of Sam, snuggling with his sister Flippy, to help focus your thoughts. :wub:

1207017.jpg

How could you not love that pic?? They look so sweet together. Sending white light and lots of prayers to Trish and Sam. :grouphug