Bill At E Vet

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

Bill is at the E vet having Surgery. Lee came and got me out of Church this evening. We may never know exactly what happened. No one else is hurt or has a mark on them. Bill however is having his tail amputated, he has a 3-4 inch gash in his neck that goes clean through the muscle, the surrounding tissue is all tore up and he has a large skin tear on his side. He is going to be fine but will need time to heal and recover. Bill is so meek and mild. Anyone who has ever met him can tell you what a sweetie he is.

After I got over the initial shock and calmed down I placed him in Gods care. I asked God to keep him safe and to provide a way to pay the bill. The Evet won't do anything without 80% up front tonight and the balance in the morning when I pick him up. God provided!

Please keep Bill in your prayers for a quick and uneventful recovery.

God is good.

**UPDATE 2/18**

Bill is through his surgery. I was a little upset with the vets officer because no one called me I called them around 3 this morning. I understand the vet had to go straight into surgery with another dog, but he didn't have to call me, someone else could have done so just to let me know everything is alright and not leave me wondering all night why it is taking so long. ( deep breathe) He is fine. I have to pick him up between 7 and 7:30am. I have to feed the rest of the gang get dressed and drive to Wilmington and get him. I just wanted to update. I will update again when he gets home.

On a side note. The good hard soaking rain those of us in the draught stricken south have been praying for arrived right at morning turnout time and the gang won't go out! BUT I DON'T CARE!!! IT'S RAINING!!! Like I said before God is good! :colgate

** UPDATE 10:50**

We are home. Bill has 22 stapeels in his neck on the surface, I don't know how many internal to repair the neck muscle. he has 15 in his side and he has 5-6" of a 22" tail left. He is pretty beat up. His tail was degloved and the best thing for a quick recovery was to just amputate the tail.

We went to my vet afteer leaving the EVet She gave me a bag of IV fluids to administer at home since I can do it and Bill will be more relaxed at home. He is on 750 mg Cephalexin every 8 hours, 75 mg Rimadyl twice daily and 150 mg of Tramodol every 8 hours. He is resting comfortably right now. I will get him up in a little while to get him to go outside. I have my sons old room set up as a hospital room and have Dhs laptop set up for something to do while I set with him. I justt need to get him to drink some water.

Thank you for all thee prayers and I ask that you keep them coming. They are working.

Here are some pictures. If you have a week stomach don't look.

PicturePackage042.jpg

PicturePackage043.jpg

PicturePackage044.jpg

PicturePackage045.jpg

PicturePackage046.jpg

Edited by greybookends

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG...I am so sorry. Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

He'll be OK Lori. :grouphug for you and :dogcookie :dogcookie :dogcookie for Bill.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:grouphug I'm sorry Bill is having to go through this. He will be fine. You need me, you holler!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

OMG. :eek Did he have access to the outside when this happened? Maybe he was attacked by a raccoon? Prayers for his complete recovery. :hope Poor fella... :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry Lori, I hope Bill feels much better in the morning and is on his way to a full recovery. :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Sending prayers for Bill. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh no. Glad he is done with surgery at least, and sending prayers for easy healing (and easy bill paying -- know how you feel about that).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.