• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytexplorer

God is good, all the time.

All the time, God is good.

Your faith will always get you through.

Our prayers are with you and Bill. Please keep us posted.

Guest KennelMom

Holy Yikes! Ouchie!!! Sending gentle hugs and scritchies to Bill :grouphug I wasn't sure from your original post if this was a fight between dogs or if he managed to get hung up/injured on something in the house...I'm guess it was a tiff?

Greyhounds tend to heal up quickly. Word of caution on the tail - be HYPER vigilant about wound care.

Sending more prayers. Kiss Bill for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Owieeeeee! Poor Baby!!!

If he was not attacked by the rest of the pack, then he had to have gotten caught/stuck on/in somewhere/something. I recommend you look around your house (and yard if you have a dog door) _very_ carefully to find blood and fur (and tail bits?), because if one of your dogs found a way to get hurt, then the others may also find it eventually. (ETA-Duh, I guess I should realize that there's probably a lot of blood everywhere...but I'm thinking on door frames, on sharp pointy things, in tight spaces, on the frame of the dog door. Places where this might have started/where it happened.)

Is there a possibility that his tail got stuck in the door as you were leaving, then he cut himself struggling to get free? Or any swinging doors that dogs could push open, but maybe not get a tail through before the doors closed again?

Sorry to be playing GH-CSI with you, but any light that you can shed on this will help you as well as all of us keep this from happening in the future.

Gentle hugs to you, Bill and all of your pack,

DD

Edited by DaisyDoodle

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Agreeing with DD. Not at all in a scolding way, and betting you probably combed the place for evidence, but still. Your crew wear muzzles when you're not around? I remember you saying Huey was a problem?

Anyway, at least he's HOME! How wonderful that you can manage his IV and all that. We'll be watching for all updates!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

OMG Lori, poor, poor, Bill. Or lucky, lucky Bill. An angel must have been on his shoulder for him to survive an attack like that. Gentle hugs for a speedy recovery.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest greybookends

We know WHAT just not WHY. They were not alone. There is no reason behind it we can figure out. Huey had nothing to do with it. I will put myself in the nuthouse trying to ratioalize it. It will NOT be happening again. It is best left at that.

Lori that picture of Bill breks my heart. Poor baby. Hugs to both of you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.