Daphne Is Gone

Guest greyhound515

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful tribute about unconditional love. I strongly believe they are all Somewhere Over The Rainbow waiting for our big meet and greet. Howie had his anniversary of going to the bridge on Feb. 17th and the memories just flow. Know in your heart she will be with you always in spirit.

Linda

Its okay to not stop crying for them, about them, over them. They gave us a lot of their life & never regretted it...this is their journey in life...to make us happy.

:beatheart:beatheart:f_white:gh_lay:f_white:beatheart:beatheart

Guest greyhound515

Thanks again, Greytalkers and I rtepeat you guys are the greatest. I recently adopted an IG boy who is named Gizmo (officially Gizmo McDuff WiggleButt) and will be taking in a foster GH named Diva (and probably adopting her) once I am approved and her spay surgery is done. She and Gizzy (AKA Gizzer the Whizzer) got on well upon meeting and all of us are a bit shy. Giz is only 7 months old and Diva is 1 1/2 and being retired because she won't go around the track...Maybe Daphne sent them to me? I still cry but I am so fortunate to have had a Greyhound share a part of my life I simply HAD to have another one!

Guest greyhound515

OK, its been almost two weeks now and I'm still crying. Looked at pictures taken the night before I sent her to the Bridge and my heart still hurts to see the pain in her eyes. I keep wondering if I let her suffer too long and could have put her out of her misery sooner. But I also know I needed time to say "good-bye" and I loved her so very much. I did everything i could to make her last week good-cooked her favorite foods, gave her extra pain meds (vet said not to, but I knew where she was heading), bones and treats galore and more hugs and kisses than I imagined I had in me.She was so sweet and lovely and perfect (ok, perfect for me--others might have found her unbearably lazy, but she was truly the perfect dog for me). Will the pain ever become bearable?

i think you were very lucky to have found each other. i'm so sorry :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh no! I didn't make the connection that this was Daphne formerly of MN until I saw the latest newsletter. Daphne is a beautiful beautiful girlie, dainty and elegant and with the loveliest ears ever, and I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

• 1 month later...
Guest greyhound515

Thanks again to all of you. Just seven weeks and almost two days since I lost the love of my life. Adopted another sweet shy girl, so terrified of people she actually poops herself. That has improved (thank Dog)...never been into babies but no problem cleaning poop from dog's tail/butt...go figure. The new Greygirl is Diva, a #70 white and brindle girl. She's just starting to come out of her shell and let me and a few close friends in. I can now walk her with a leash and collar, as well as a harness and second leash. D-girl goes wild on leash but has been getting better--good thing because I don't have a fenced yard and cannot afford a fence right now. She's 1 1/2, will be 2 in June, so still very much a baby. Thankfully Daphne was kind & patient and trained me (fairly) well!

I still miss her and feel a profound loss, but Diva is a love sponge and really helping a lot. She is a big, beautiful clown, not a demure dainty girl like Daph. More rambunctious and boyish but lots of fun and very affectionate--moreso than Daph, who could be a bit aloof.

Special thanks to you MN ladies, Aimee, Sarah and Jude. Jude I was so very sad to learn of your loss. Danny was a sweet boy and so easy to fall in love with! He really was a doll. The first few days without a dog were almost unbearable. I stayed out as much as I could--no tags clanking, no needle-nose running to the doorway to greet me...how do people without dogs survive? I didn't last long. All I could think about was the Eugene O'Neill piece about "For Those Who Knew and Loved Him." I knew I had to have another dog and it HAD TO BE A GREYHOUND. I applied to adopt another one and they located a shy female for me. I visited her at the track several times before fostering her and five days later I knew she was sent to my be angels.

Guest vahoundlover

It never ceases to amaze how these beautiful babies make our hearts swell with love, they give us so much. Daphne is still with you in your heart and memories. Now, she has sent you a new baby to love and cherish. Congratulations!

I am so sorry for your loss of Daphne but happy that you and Diva have found each other. Sometimes bringing another grey into your life can help with the heartache. You never forget or stop missing the one that has passed but you have so much love to give. In a way it is their turn on the circle of life to be cherished and loved. Best wishes on this new chapter in your life.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:f_pink:brokenheart

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Daphne. Godspeed, sweetheart.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France