Beau In Hospital--update # 80 Beau Home

RobinM

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea: muzzle rub + moleskin = no muzzle rub

I used to figure skate (2 or 3 lifetimes ago) - and we used moleskin everywhere the skates rubbed. Moleskin is like artificial suede with a sticky back. Drug stores should have it.

Guest crazy4greys

His wound doesn't look that bad.

From what you said about the jugular being so close, it shouldn't matter if he has a scar. What matters is that he is alive. It could have been much worse!

I had a foster grey who had a massive scar on her side (see picture below) from her siblings beating up on her and one woman actually passed on her because of the way she looked. Serena had a wonderful personality and that is what matters, not what she looked like.

Fall2006067.jpg

I hope he feels better soon.

Guest Ohiogreymom

I second the moleskin, or you can use weather strip. Robin, please consider muzzling ALL of them, rather than just one. The dogs know the muzzles prevent biting, and they WILL take advantage if someone else is muzzled, and they're not. :grouphug My dogs are muzzled when I'm gone, even though my daughter is home. I don't want her to have to get between them if there's a problem. These dogs are used to muzzles, and with them being padded for comfort, they can be the lesser of 2evils,iykwim? They can still drink and play with stuffies, but hopefully will prevent a tragedy. A small price to pay! IMO

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Whew, Robin, you and DH and Beau are such troupers. All of you. How tough to go through all of this.

:grouphug

First, I will say I'm so glad Beau is home! And I'm keeping him in my thoughts during the healing process. The second thing I will say is that, as horrific as Beau's wounds are, I must say, they have been closed up quite well. I think that's a positive step in terms of Beau having a speedy recovery. I've seen wounds that were hardly able to be closed up, either due to the size of the wound, the lack of skin available or both. Nevertheless, the wounds look so painful. Poor little guy. :beatheart I'm so sorry again that this happened. Beau is very fortunate to have a family like you to support him through this painful period. Best of luck.

:heart

Sending more prayers. Heal swiftly sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So glad Beau is home - everyone will feel better now! It'm sure it must be very upsetting that one of your babies hurt the other, but I would agree that all dogs need to be muzzled - one would be defenseless from the others.

I hope Beau heals up quickly!!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

How is he doing today? Sending hugs to the whole bunch of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

UPDATE-

Call from vet, going to sedate him now, stitch him up. One side, not bad, however the other...just missed the jugular.

I can not believe this.

They will let me know how bad and if he needs drains. They know I want him home ASAP but if he needs the drains, he will have to stay. I haven't seen it yet. DH took pictures. I'm afraid to see.

Does their hair grow back after one of these incidents?

My Stella and Lewis have been on the same end as Beau on several occasions. Other than the one on Stel's face (she's a red and white but mostly white and Lewis is a brindle), their hair has grown back and you would never know anything happened. As long as they heal well, scars and hair don't bother me much. I hope he heals up and is feeling better soon!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Batmom- we are all OK. Beau's personality is shining through, although he is a little more sedate than normal. He IS the party here. Without Beau, it's a flatline.

We are modifying the room situation so that everyone is safe and happy. (we thought it was OK but apparently Beau used the bed as a trampoline and wound up in teddy's space when he was eating his Kong). We are no longer leaving kongs. It's a bit of an adjustment. Today when DH left, he heard Teddy carrying on crying. Normally, he is working on a kong.

I am also in the process of getting a behaviorist for Teddy. It's time.

Im just reading this... :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

How is Beau acting around Teddy? Hope there is some normalcy in the house.

No difference at all. What he's thinking to himself... is probably something completely different. Teddy of course is curious about the boo boos but so are the other 3.

Beau is a lover, not a fighter.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending healing thoughts to Beau. It really does look like your vet stitched him up very neatly. I bet it'll heal quickly. :grouphug

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

All I can say is please be careful with these two and don't let your guard down!

Beau's vet did a really nice job fixing him up.

:nod:nod To both things.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest brandi007

Wow, your vet did an awesome job! Sending lots of love to Beau, and don't worry about scarring - my little Hannah Banana has some scarring on her face. I'm thinking she was probably picked on by her litter mates as she is very small and has a lot of fear aggression with other dogs. I think her scars make her look tougher, scars are nothing - just more little bald patches to kiss :)

He is coming around. He just shared some of my frozen lowfat yogert. It just doesn't taste the same for me without all the extra spit in it ;)

As far as the scarring, I wasn't concerned per say, it more of a question, since fortunately this was the 1st (and last time as far as I'm concerned) it's happened. Beau happens to have thick lush hair. I expect it to grow back around the scarrs. Whatever will be, will be.

Beau is safe and well and that's the bottom line.

Guest DoofBert
UPDATE-

Does their hair grow back after one of these incidents?

We have had expereince with play injuries....once the scabs have fallen off, I use Vitamin E oil on the area... has never failed me. Just rub the oil into the spot a few times each day.

Hugs,