Beau In Hospital--update # 80 Beau Home

RobinM

We always separate Teddy, who has food aggression by an ex-pen expanded across the room so that he is separated from the others but he can still be in the same room. On the webcam I have seen Beau and Teddy "going at it" through the ex – pen when DH leaves for work (always after me) and leaves everyone their kongs. It's pretty scary to watch them barking at each other for the 2-3 minutes they do it, but it always subsided and they got busy on their kongs and layed down.

Apparently, Beau jumped over the ex-pen today and Teddy "got" him. Beau is now in the hospital, will need stictches and possibly drains. If he needs drains, he will have to stay. THANK GOD, DH hadn't gotten out of the house, realized that things sounded worse than usual and came back up.

Beau is my "sensitive" one. He cannot handle this. If he HAS to stay in, I will ask for someone to stay overnight to "babysit".

Prayers for my Beau Beau please. :(

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry the hear about this. I know thaqt when one of my Greys was attacked by another one, they let her come home even with the drains in. I hope that Beau heals quickly. I returned the attacker when she attacked another foster and we had to put her down - she was a senior and badly injured

pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

Oh, robinM, that's terrible!! I know how it is with the sensitive ones, too...My Po'boy is the sweetest most sensitive boy in the world, and he's always the one getting the brunt of it from the other pups. It just hurts you to see them that way! But like the others said, they can come home even with drains in. Just make sure you throw an old blanket over anything they're laying on.

Oh no, not Beau! One of my favorite GT greyhounds!! Robin, I'm so sorry. :cry1 That's awful.

Thinking of you and Beau and sending many healing thoughts :grouphug :grouphug :goodluck :goodluck Please do keep us posted!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh no! I am so sorry. Sending my heart and prayers. :grouphug :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

UPDATE-

Call from vet, going to sedate him now, stitch him up. One side, not bad, however the other...just missed the jugular.

I can not believe this.

They will let me know how bad and if he needs drains. They know I want him home ASAP but if he needs the drains, he will have to stay. I haven't seen it yet. DH took pictures. I'm afraid to see.

Does their hair grow back after one of these incidents?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Can Teddy be crated or leave Teddy lose and crate the other ones? These things just happen with multiple greyhounds no matter how hard we try. My quiet ones love there own crates.

Hugs an kisses to Beau.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I'm so sorry this happened. Flint has a couple of scars from bite incidents that aren't too noticeable. The hair didn't grow back on the scar but the hair around the scar is just long enough to cover it. He came home from both incidents with drains so I don't understand why Beau can't come home with a drain. Flint was kind of out of it from the sedation and I had no problem getting him to spend the night in his crate with washable bedding to collect the drips from the drain.

Can Teddy be crated or leave Teddy lose and crate the other ones? These things just happen with multiple greyhounds no matter how hard we try. My quiet ones love there own crates.

Hugs an kisses to Beau.

Teddy is always seperated by a 2- 3 foot high, ex-pens. Beau took a flying leap of about 4 feet over it from the bed and landed into Teddy's space at "kong time". We NEVER leave them ALL out when there is food out.

No more kongs. period.

Guest Amy_Bee

I'm so sorry this happened! Poor Beau. Gretchen has a scar on her shoulder from something that happened before she came to me-- dog fight? I don't know. The hair never grew back, but it's barely noticeable.

I'm so sorry this happened. Flint has a couple of scars from bite incidents that aren't too noticeable. The hair didn't grow back on the scar but the hair around the scar is just long enough to cover it. He came home from both incidents with drains so I don't understand why Beau can't come home with a drain. Flint was kind of out of it from the sedation and I had no problem getting him to spend the night in his crate with washable bedding to collect the drips from the drain.

It's just the rules at this vet. I will be paying for "private duty" nursing for Beau if he has to stay so that he is not alone.