Good Thoughts For Miss Diamond, Please

vjgrey

After seeing Dr. Chris a few weeks ago, Diamond seemed to be doing better, but she took a HUGE turn for the worse Thursday night and, despite almost two weeks of Rimadyl (to treat what we thought was a pulled muscle), she's now back to yelping every time she stands up or shifts positions.

She saw Dr. Chris again on Friday. He gave her a steroid shot that he hoped would help ease her pain through the weekend (doesn't seem to be) and, unless I see a vast improvement, she'll be going in early Monday morning for x-rays.

She's normally so bubbly and active. My house seems way too quiet right now. :weep

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Sending my many prayers. Kiss the pretty girl for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending good thoughts and gentle ear scritches to Diamond. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm so sorry she's having so much trouble. :(

My Renie is a drama queen and injured her neck a while ago. She also refused to eat unless she was lying down. She also sinks gracefully to the ground and pretty much asks for a taxi home if she gets pain while she's out walking and she did that during this episode too. I was very worried about her. However, she did get over it with anti-inflammatories and rest.

I'm hoping that Diamond's problem is something equally minor, but that she's maybe re-injuring it doing zoomies or something (Renie doesn't DO the 'zoomy' thing :rolleyes:) and that it's something easily fixable with rest.

Sending prayers and good thoughts. :hope

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Rocco the whippet injured his neck/back a couple times and had the same symptoms -- squeaking when getting up or down, couldn't lift head up or down thru the full range. Prednisone seemed to help him more than rimadyl (he got them on separate occasions -- NOT both at once!!!!!). What helped most, tho, was rest -- leash walks only, no stairs, no leaping around if we could prevent it.

Hope that is "all" it is with your pup and that rest will produce a lasting cure.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending light and good thoughts to your pretty girl. :candle Hope this is just something minor. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Thanks so much for the prayers and good thoughts. She's still yelping occasionally, but I've seen enough improvement that I've decided not to take her in for x-rays just yet. For now, I'm keeping a close eye on her and making sure she rests (not an easy task when she's feeling better and wants to do zoomies!)

Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

• 3 weeks later...

Diamond is in pain again (still?) so we're going in for X-Rays on Monday. :( Could we have more good thoughts and prayers, please?