Good Thoughts For Miss Diamond, Please

vjgrey

I hope Diamond feels better soon.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

The Good News: Nothing showed up on the X-Rays

The Bad News: We still don't know what's causing her pain.

The vet said he'd been very worried it was cancer, but they did four x-rays, showing her head, neck, legs and most of her chest, and there's NO sign of cancer. Her joints also looked great.

The most likely scenario is that she's pulled a muscle, which she keeps re-injuring. We have tried to keep the zoomies to a minimum, but you all know how hard that is! I may have to limit her to leash walks for a while.

He's recommended a holistic vet, so we may look into acupuncture to see if it helps.

She's still a big groggy, and it took some coaxing to get her to eat her dinner (shredded cheese makes everything better) but I'm glad she's back home where we can spoil her. :wub:

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Hug Miss Diamond for me. Glad she is home and that they did not find the big C. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

If it is a muscle sort of thing, then you do want to do the leash walks and sedentary games (find the cookie under the 3 cups, etc.) to keep her amused for a few weeks. Hugs and luck!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank you for posting the results. I've been keeping your little girl in my prayers. I've dealt with a lot of pulls and they can be very painful for them. I have had great results using Traumeel gel which is a homeopathic gel which contains arnica which is great for pain. But obviously you would have to know the area that's causing the pain.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Thank you for posting the results. I've been keeping your little girl in my prayers. I've dealt with a lot of pulls and they can be very painful for them. I have had great results using Traumeel gel which is a homeopathic gel which contains arnica which is great for pain. But obviously you would have to know the area that's causing the pain.

Thank you! Where can I get the gel? It seems to be somewhere in her neck. She won't move through the full range of motion - up and down or side to side.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Thank you! Where can I get the gel? It seems to be somewhere in her neck. She won't move through the full range of motion - up and down or side to side.

Traumeel is available at any health food store, just be sure it's the gel because it also comes in a lotion.I'm using it on my little girl's neck and it honestly does help.I asked my vet about it before using it for the first time and I thought because it was homeopathic he was going to laugh at me. He's old school but he said he has heard a lot of good things about it.Diamond will probably love the massage as well. Please keep us posted

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless