Update On Chance

Hallie

I've wanted to update sooner, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to.

Chance came home from the hospital on Monday. He's able to put weight on the leg and seems somewhat comfortable. Yesterday was a bad day. He whined and moaned all day and didn't sleep a wink. I think he was overmedicated and had one of those paradoxical reactions. Poor guy and how awful to hear him so uncomfortable all day - I didn't know what to do. He definitely was not anywhere near himself. Not interested in food or treats - all he'll eat is some scrambled eggs and yogurt. Not wanting to drink either - not even chicken broth.

My sons and I have made the decision to ask the vet to come on Saturday afternoon to help him over the Bridge. Chance is nowhere near the happy-go-lucky boy he always was. He's miserable. I don't think he's in a lot of pain, but he's definitely uncomfortable and out of sorts. He's not happy, so we feel there's no use prolonging his agony or ours. He's not going to get any better. We have his grave dug in the back yard; we've all taken part in digging it, and in the spring it will be sunny and warm there. Our boy will always be close by.

My heart is breaking, but I know I'm doing the best thing for Chance. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. :crying:brokenheart

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettcricket

...How heartbreaking...I'm so sorry. :( Unfortunately I know exactly how you are feeling. We lost our first greyhound, who was named Chance as well, to OS at the tender age of 5.

Sending you peace and white light during this most difficult time. :grouphug:f_red

I am so sorry. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm so sorry :( We'll be thinking of you all this weekend :(:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 It must have been a tough decision to make. I will be keeping you, Chance, and your whole family in my thoughts now and this weekend...

Sending hugs. :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

How sad for you. I wish you a life time of love in the next days.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest couchpotato

Hallie, I'll be thinking of your sweet Chance. One of my "conversations" with our Jazzy yesterday afternoon was to make sure he kept an eye out for Chance when he crosses. Spoil him rotten and comfort him the best you can the next few days.

Hallie, I'll be thinking of your sweet Chance. One of my "conversations" with our Jazzy yesterday afternoon was to make sure he kept an eye out for Chance when he crosses. Spoil him rotten and comfort him the best you can the next few days.

Oh how sweet. I'll make sure and tell Chance to look for Jazzy. They can travel their way together.....

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Holding you all in my heart and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.