Turbo (that's My Jake) April 4, 1998 - January 9, 2008

Guest GotGreys2

Guest GotGreys2

Turbo was put to sleep at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, January 9th. I feel as my heart has been ripped out into tiny pieces.

Today my mom came over & we were standing in the doorway, of course Blue (who should be hired as a Wal-Mart greeter) was standing there with us for a few minutes, he got too close to the door so I told him to get back and when he stood back (not knowing Turbo was there) he stepped on Turbo's foot and Turbo's two back legs slid out and the bone on his back left leg snapped in two, right through his skin. I cannot believe how bad that bled, fortunately our vet is 5 minutes from our house. I picked him up, put him in the backseat and had to hold him up against the seat the whole time. We were so frantic, Rob couldn't find the car keys! Got him into the vet, they did x-rays and found a huge tumor above the break and a smaller one below it. While I was sitting in the waiting room, I kept thinking how could his leg have broke like that?!?!?! Then the cancer popped into my mind and about 5 minutes later that's exactly what the vet tech said. This is the most horrible thing I would ever want to happen to him, he is our first greyhound. Do you know I loved that boy so much before I ever even laid eyes on him. The day we got him I walked up to him put his head in my hands & kissed him and we were madly in love with each other from that day on. Poor Blue, he won't eat tonight or come out of the bedroom. And Rambo, that's his sleeping/playing/biting his feet buddy. It won't ever be the same without him, and he almost made it 10 years old, on April 4th he would be 10. We had him for 7 years and I thought for sure we had quite a few more good years...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry. This horrible cancer has taken too many of our loved ones.

:grouphug

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry1:grouphug My boy's name is Turbo, too.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest GotGreys2

Funny thing is, he was just at the vet on December 3rd for a dental. When he had his physical done everything came back excellent. My vet said he was in excellent health, looked greyt, everything. We are just in total & complete shock. I just can't believe he is gone & I never, ever wanted him to be hurt like this.

I'm so very sorry. Godspeed Turbo! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry for your loss. There is no more cancer at the Bridge. Sending my sympathy and prayers. I know how much you are hurting. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh no.

I am so so so so sorry to hear about Turbo. Please do not beat yourself up -- there is no way you could have known about the cancer. Unfortunately, I have heard similiar stories - no warning then out of the blue, a bone breaks from cancer. I lost my Conner to osteo too - but his bone didn't break. His was high up on the hip - inoperable.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Godspeed Turbo, you are greytly missed.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Hugs,

Carla

Guest GreyDogsRule

I'm very sorry for the loss of Turbo. The unfortunate fate for all of us who rescue these wonderful animals is dealing with their inevitable loss. I like to think that after we are forced to make the difficult decision to send our beloved hounds off to be angels that they give us one last gift. That gift is room in the family for one more hound to be rescued and given a wonderful home.

Funny thing is, he was just at the vet on December 3rd for a dental. When he had his physical done everything came back excellent. My vet said he was in excellent health, looked greyt, everything. We are just in total & complete shock. I just can't believe he is gone & I never, ever wanted him to be hurt like this.

Brandy had blood work and dental three weeks before she died. You just never know.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so sad. 2008 is brand new and already we have so many losses.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest skywalker

I am so sorry to hear about Turbo. Osteo is such an evil disease. I know it all too well. It took my sweet Witness from me in Sept of 2006 - she was just over 10 and we had no idea and neither did the vet how riddled she was with tumors in her stomach til it was too late. Know they are all running free over the bridge where they are cleansed of this awful disease.

Run free Turbo! :gh_run You are one of many who are so deeply loved. :f_pink:gh_run

What an awful thing to happen to you and your lovely boy Turbo :( . Osteo is indeed evil and took our lovely Teddy from us just a year ago.

My sincere condolences. :f_white:f_pink:f_white

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Bless you poor aching heart. I'm so sorry. Your boy isn't hurting now. He has a lot of friends to play with at the bridge healthy again. :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren