Eeewww... What Is That Dripping On Me?

Guest kaotic1

Guest kaotic1

So I was sitting on the floor the other day petting Sam. He was standing and i was sitting with my legs under him when i felt this splat on my leg. Like a rain drop landed on me. What rain in the house? I looked up just in time to see another "drip" coming out of Sam's 'doohickey'. I have noticed that a few times since when he is excited or being petted he "drips".

What is that? What a minute scratch that... Do i need to know what that is? No scratch that too. Just tell me is it a VET thing or just a male thing? Does his plumbing have a drip? Does he need a new washer for his spiggot? Or is this "normal"? :blush

If it's discolored, go to a vet. If it's, um, the expected color (white with maybe a yellow-ish tinge), it's nothing to be concerned about, except for the EWWWW-factor :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Since he was recently neutered(?) then I would assume it to be perfectly normal, unless it is discoloured (greenish) or has a foul odour. Either of those would indicate an infection.

When I bring home one who was recently neutered, we give them cranberry capsules for about a week, just to stave off any possible hoo-hoo infections.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest kaotic1

Well i can't say i SNIFFED it... can you say double ewww? but it was a whitish/yellowish... so i guess it's normalish.... just ewwwwish... it doesn't happen a lot just the odd drip now and then. I never would have notice if i wasn't sitting with my legs under him.

Guest rosebudd

leo drips from time to time when he is getting loved up on. Sometimes its from when he went pee and all of the pee didnt shake off enough in his run back to the house :lol

Guest Redpack
uhhh, hmm... 3 boys here and no leaky pipes :lol

2 boys here and no leaky pipes.

Ditto. I'd call the vet just to check. Having a dog running around dripping does not sound ....um..well, it's just gross!

Guest BlackandBrindle
uhhh, hmm... 3 boys here and no leaky pipes :lol

2 boys here and no leaky pipes.

Ditto. I'd call the vet just to check. Having a dog running around dripping does not sound ....um..well, it's just gross!

Yeah, gross factor is way up there... one male dog here and never any leaks...

Yeah, no leaks here either... but it might not be a big deal at all. However. if you push the skin back (sorry - I know - eww) and it looks rather red, it might be a slight inflammation. If it happens again and you're just not sure, I'd call the vet to get it checked out.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

A drip or two here and there is normal. It isn't happy juice or pee, it's smegma (mucus), and every male dog has some. Some dogs don't clean themselves as often or as well as others, and some just have more smegma (what a word, eh?). Hence the occasional drip.

More than a drip or three a day, or weird color or nasty odor, would be cause for a vet visit.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest kaotic1
A drip or two here and there is normal. It isn't happy juice or pee, it's smegma (mucus), and every male dog has some. Some dogs don't clean themselves as often or as well as others, and some just have more smegma (what a word, eh?). Hence the occasional drip.

More than a drip or three a day, or weird color or nasty odor, would be cause for a vet visit.

Smegma? Now that is a word that sounds like what it is... EWWW get this Smegma off of me!! Sam keep your Smegma to yourself. Really i have only seen a drop or two a couple of times... but never having had a boy doggie... you know... i have great concern for his well being... i thought i would ask the embarassing question. I am sure that Sam is mortified i have aired his smega laundry before all of GT. Smegma... good to the last drop?

Edited by kaotic1

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Two boys in our lives through the years....occassional drippage. Mommy gets a Kleenex and wipes. Daddy goes Yuck! Go figure :lol

Edited by Greyhoundbaby

Guest jg_consult

One boy dog here and there is the occasional drop of "essence" ...

The only harm done so far was the time he was trying to clean himself and momentarily got his back leg stuck behind his head. He was seriously not amused that his human was laughing way too hard to come to his rescue. No second career as a ballerina for him!

Of the boys here, only Sully occasionally drips. Just the usual whitish stuff-- smegma. A couple of my boys fosters did too. :lol Not much-- just a drop on a rare occasion. :lol But yes, it's a boy thing. :lol

Sully's nose drips a whole lot more!! (thank doG it's the nose that does all the dripping!! :rotfl )

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest Che_mar_Cody
Of the boys here, only Sully occasionally drips. Just the usual whitish stuff-- smegma. A couple of my boys fosters did too. :lol Not much-- just a drop on a rare occasion. :lol But yes, it's a boy thing. :lol

Sully's nose drips a whole lot more!! (thank doG it's the nose that does all the dripping!! :rotfl )

:rotfl

Yep same with Cody

One boy dog here and there is the occasional drop of "essence" ...

The only harm done so far was the time he was trying to clean himself and momentarily got his back leg stuck behind his head. He was seriously not amused that his human was laughing way too hard to come to his rescue. No second career as a ballerina for him!

:rofl :rofl :rofl You're so mean to George, Jenny :P

Turbo does drip occasionally. He also licks himself nonstop, but the vet can't find anything wrong. I guess it's just his hobby. *sigh*

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest kaotic1
The proper term, by the way, is "hoo hoo."

:lol:

I always thought hoo hoo was for girls... i had several friends that called their's a hoo hoo... Like it was an owl!!

To summarize...

I will not be sniffing Sam's Doohicky/Hoo Hoo to determine if it smells foul. That implies i have sniffed it prior to this and that i have a baseline Doohicky/Hoo Hoo scent knowledge. If such a thing becomes necessary I will take Sam to a Doohickey/Hoo Hoo Aromatic Expert(Vet) for in depth scent evaluation(exam).

In addition, I will not be wiping that area for Sam... He has been bred with a flexible spine and long tongue. Nuff said. I am however very willing to extricate himself from any unfortunate pretzel like poses he may be trapped in while caring for this area. I will not promise not to laugh or photograph the evidence if possible.

Ah the joys of having a boy dog... I never had issues like this with my boy cat. Of course he is long haired so i can't even find his Doohicky without a comb and flashlight and i haven't tried that.... he doesn't drip on me.