We Are Off To The Vets

Good thoughts comin your way, please be sure to update us. I'm sure she'll do great!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

All is done! She is under supervision until tonight. But they said she did well. She did get atropine. She did scream on them too. I warned them she would. :P I really like the vet! She hates to see dogs in any pain and does all she can to reduce or eliminate discomfort/pain. For that, Shanti and I are grateful!

They did the joint taps. The fluid in her right leg was very yellow and cloudy. We should have the results on that in about a week. Right now she is on some nice pain killers.

I can't wait to pick her up!!!! She and I will be snuggling I am sure. :)

The Girls

She is home and MAD AT ME! She won't even look at me. She was not thrilled to see me when I picked her up. She is really knocked out. I have her tucked into her bed in the family room (on tile) so if she gets sick it is easy clean up. Guess I will be sleeping on the couch tonight. Poor baby. She is really gonna hate me in 2 weeks when we go for the next shot.

The Girls

She scared me to death last night. I woke up and checked on her and she was on the tile, mouth open, eyes gazed, chilled and what looked like no movement. I thought she died on me! Rattled her a bit and she moved a little. So I laid on the tile with her for a long time. About 4am she got up and moved beds. A good sign!

This morning she is more alert, but still out of it. She is on a food strike and I know she has to be hungry. She has not eaten in 36 hours. She is drinking water though. Today she and I are just hanging out in a warm house. I am hoping she perks up more this afternoon. She at least raises her head and foot for me when I am near. She would not even look at me yesterday. I think we are on the mend.

Boy is she going to hate me all over again in 2 weeks!

The Girls

Good she's eating. You may want to take her to the vet's office, walk in, give her a treat and walk back out again a few times in the next few weeks so that she doesn't become afraid of it :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Poor sweetie, hope she feels better soon. I am sure she doesn't hate you... probably just feeling very under the weather. She knows her mom loves her :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.