Good Thoughts For My Gracegirl Please

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's feeling much better, thanks for checking in on her! After the vet last night I asked the boys "who wants to go for a walk?" and was delighted to find not two but three hounds at the door wanting to go. I decided to use a coupler with the boys and walk her with us, up until then she'd been going alone. We took just a short walk, she was so happy NOT to be left behind. She slept on the couch again last night, another good sign. And this morning when I went to give her the meds she's on, she cockroached so I could rub her belly. That's the first cockroach we've had since the attack, and I got a total of three this morning. My little girl is starting to feel better :wub: (but we're still not out of the woods yet.)

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest Tenderhearts

Oh Grace, we're praying very hard for that infection to go away! :hope :hope :hope

Glad you're feeling well enough to roach, sweetie! :kiss2 :kiss2

Guest PhillyPups

:hope for healing sweet Gracie girl, prayers to you.

I have not read all 10 pages, but there is one thing I would suggest, if you want to continue to dogsit, I would get a few spare muzzles just in case.

:bighug to you.

:hope for healing sweet Gracie girl, prayers to you.

I have not read all 10 pages, but there is one thing I would suggest, if you want to continue to dogsit, I would get a few spare muzzles just in case.

:bighug to you.

I now have an extra muzzle, but won't be taking in any boarders I don't know well from now on and all my "regulars" know muzzles are required. :D

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest offrecord

I thought this was supposed to be a positive, supportive community for all greyhounds and their people. Boy has that proven to not be the case. I am surprised to see that so many people were quick to condemn the other dog and its owners based on one side of the story. To those, I would suggest that you read other threads on GT, including Miss Molly Got Bit and Let Me Show You Why They Give Us Those Muzzles. Then ask yourself whether all the negative comments about the greyhound and its owners are justified. The realities are that even the sweetest most gentle greyhounds can bite given the situation. It's happened among dogs that know each other well and with their owner right there. They are dogs, not humans, so the snide comments and accusations can stop. Their owners are human, so let's recognize that and be kind to them. In this situation, the owners who trusted someone to watch their dog found out the dog wasn't watched. Instead it was left with a pack of dogs unknown to each other unsupervised. I feel sorry for all the dogs and owners involved. Peace to all and Merry Christmas.

Firstly, offrecord, welcome to the wacky world of GT! Secondly, when you were reading this thread, I hope you noticed that not everyone was making negative comments about either the owner or the dog. Many of us agree with what you have just said, and did point those things out earlier in the thread. :) Thirdly, do stick around ! There is a wealth of good information on this site!

Not everyone thinks the other owners are at fault, they weren't even there. Yes, they forgot the muzzle but even I have an extra muzzle around and I know that Lauren does now too.

Welcome by the way :)

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest offrecord
Firstly, offrecord, welcome to the wacky world of GT! Secondly, when you were reading this thread, I hope you noticed that not everyone was making negative comments about either the owner or the dog. Many of us agree with what you have just said, and did point those things out earlier in the thread. :) Thirdly, do stick around ! There is a wealth of good information on this site!

Thanks, Greylyn. I've been reading posts for awhile, learning lots to help my greyhound. But this was the first time I felt sick to my stomach reading people's comments, so I felt the need to echo other's comments in defense of the dog and owners. Any how, lesson learned by all I'm sure.

Guest greyhoundis

Thanks, Greylyn. I've been reading posts for awhile, learning lots to help my greyhound. But this was the first time I felt sick to my stomach reading people's comments, so I felt the need to echo other's comments in defense of the dog and owners. Any how, lesson learned by all I'm sure.

I also did not read the negative you are talking about and just concerned for everyone involved - I recently had this happen in my own home with my own dogs:( Poor Bart had to have tubes and surgery and is now just trying to grow his hair back:) Still do not know what happened - kinda figured it was like when I was young and hit my brother in the balls - did not even know that would hurt him at that age but he musta been pissing me off so I slugged him.

Just curious though - did you just join GT to tell us off? And your sign in name - come on fess up :lol I have seen much worse than this on here and think everyone on this list has at one time or another been where the mother of Grace is.

Hugs Grace - you will be back to your old self soon - prayers headed your way!

I thought this was supposed to be a positive, supportive community for all greyhounds and their people. Boy has that proven to not be the case. I am surprised to see that so many people were quick to condemn the other dog and its owners based on one side of the story. To those, I would suggest that you read other threads on GT, including Miss Molly Got Bit and Let Me Show You Why They Give Us Those Muzzles. Then ask yourself whether all the negative comments about the greyhound and its owners are justified. The realities are that even the sweetest most gentle greyhounds can bite given the situation. It's happened among dogs that know each other well and with their owner right there. They are dogs, not humans, so the snide comments and accusations can stop. Their owners are human, so let's recognize that and be kind to them. In this situation, the owners who trusted someone to watch their dog found out the dog wasn't watched. Instead it was left with a pack of dogs unknown to each other unsupervised. I feel sorry for all the dogs and owners involved. Peace to all and Merry Christmas.

Excellent post, I feel sorry for both parties, no dogs should be condemned here! Dogs are just that Dogs, I think sometimes we forget that... Welcome to GT by the way

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest offrecord

I also did not read the negative you are talking about and just concerned for everyone involved - I recently had this happen in my own home with my own dogs:( Poor Bart had to have tubes and surgery and is now just trying to grow his hair back:) Still do not know what happened - kinda figured it was like when I was young and hit my brother in the balls - did not even know that would hurt him at that age but he musta been pissing me off so I slugged him.

Just curious though - did you just join GT to tell us off? And your sign in name - come on fess up :lol I have seen much worse than this on here and think everyone on this list has at one time or another been where the mother of Grace is.

Hugs Grace - you will be back to your old self soon - prayers headed your way!

No, I didn't joint just to tell anyone off. I'm sorry if it came out that way. I just wanted to remind those that suggested a lawsuit and said the owners are "totally" at fault that it could happen to anyone. There was a suggestion of a lawsuit against the owners- which is completely ridiculous - and plenty of comments about the owners being "totally" at fault. As for the screen name, every other one I tried was taken. So I used offrecord as it's another way of saying "just my two cents."

I sincerely hope none of you are ever in the position Lauren and Grace were in and come here expecting support. Those of you who are ever so subtly shifting the blame on Lauren put yourselves in her shoes – would you appreciate the negativity and lack of support she has received if it were YOUR dog? I suspect not. None of us are perfect, but Lauren repeatedly requested the owners of the dog to bring her muzzle. Had they complied none of this would have occurred. Can you really say they are blameless? If so, I fear your logic and your lack of compassion.

Since it was my comments that have apparently infuriated so many of you and have caused this thread to head in an unnecessary and negative direction, I will do the gracious thing and remove myself from this forum. I no longer feel welcome or comfortable here.

Lauren, thank you for your message. I hope Grace heals without any lingering side affects and is back to her happy self as soon as possible.

Guest LindsaySF
but Lauren repeatedly requested the owners of the dog to bring her muzzle. Had they complied none of this would have occurred.

And if Lauren had put the dogs out separately, because there weren't enough muzzles to go around, none of this would have occurred.

Whether the owners brought the muzzle or not, no one forced her to put all of the dogs outside together. That was her choice. At the end of the day the dog was being boarded at Lauren's house, so she is ultimately responsible for what happens in the owners' absence.

I hope Grace is feeling better today.

~Lindsay~