Encouraged By Vet's Findings So Far...

Guest Heehoo

My black greyhound Dear is at the vet right now. His white blood cell count is 90,000 vs 10,000...my vet told me that means there's an infection somewhere, which he hasn't found or an absess which he hadn't found or cancer. Of course when I heard cancer, all sorts of worse case scenarios went through my head.

I confided in Mommydog tonight & told her...with all the sadness again, I didn't want to burden anyone. She said at least post so everyone can send up prayers. I know I've been talking to God all day long.

Well tonight my vet calls with some encouraging words....he's found the absess...its around the bladder. There were NO tumor cells in the sample he took. He's got Dear on huge doses of antibiotics....which I told Angie that when he told me he was keeping Dear overnight, that had to be that he was keeping Dear on meds...otherwise he would've told me I could come get him or lets have that talk.

I just wanted to ask for some prayers. Dear is Sadie (BlackandBrindle) older brother...and they look so much alike. He is my sweetheart...he came to my rescue when Bool died suddenly of cancer. He was my support a few weeks ago when Snowy had her stroke and plus I didn't want to get fussed at when everyone found out that I didn't let ya'll know I had a sick puppy again. I learned my lesson. :beatheart

Dec29355-1.jpg

Edited by Snowy8

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be thinking about Dear and you and sending prayers from Wisconsin.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

I was very encouraged when his receptionist said he'd call me tonight...for me to go home. And then when I didn't hear from him until really late...that was even more encouraging.

I knew he had had a busy day, I got there before 7am & was actually the 2nd person. There were 3 more people waiting besides us. Then when I called, they hadn't seen Dear yet...he called me back at 12:45 and gave me the disturbing news & told me to sit tight. Luckily I was busy all day, but I still kept thinking about my baby wondering where his mommy was.

Edited by Snowy8

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sadie sends snuggles and warm fuzzy thoughts for big brother Dear :kiss2

We send lots and lots of prayers for YOU TOO HILDA! The vet's news is encouraging, and hopefully the antibiotics will knock out all the ickies and Dear will be back to himself in no time :grouphug :grouphug

Sending loads of prayers and :getwell wishes to your precious Dear. :hope And hugs to you, of course... :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

YIKES! Big prayers and gentle hugs and scritchies headed your way.

Yeah, you yourself probably don't want the scritchies but you can store them up for Dear. Hope he is better and home with you soonest.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hope you hear a great update from the vet today. Many hugs and good wishes going to both you and Dear. I hope all will be well again very, very soon.

:hope :hope :hope:grouphug :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:grouphug I'm sure Dr. B. will get him all fixed up!

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012