Black Jack - Lump

bjnno1

Thanks for all the reassurance guys :grouphug It really helps to know you guys think it's just a tooth. Getting it checked out tomorrow anyways just to be safe.

I was miserable at my sisters and just wanted to come home :sad1 I have 2 vultures (cats ) staring at me, Maj is laying on my legs and Black Jack is chomping down on his food :)

I'll just feel better tomorrow getting him checked out. Now hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep. ;)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking gland too. Try to sleep. From personal experience all sorts of odd lumps, bumps come out with aging.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Not that I'm a vet, but it looks like a cyst or abcess to me. Keep up posted tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and your monster :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

The monster just burped in my face :lol :lol

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Stevie had a place last spring that looked just like that. It was an abscessed tooth. They put him on antibiotics to get rid of the infection and then pulled it. He had always had a receded gum line over that tooth that we had to try to keep clean so we weren't surprised. He was a very happy dog to have that tooth gone!

I am another one to say a tooth problem. Good luck tomorrow. Let us know what the vet says.

Call me if you want me to go with you.

Edited by KyGrey

He thinks it's his tooth *whew*

Gave me antibiotics to try and see if that helps and for me to call back in 10 days.

He told me to take pictures (like I did last night) to be able to judge the swelling.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and advice guys :colgate

:clap for Black Jack!! Edited by greysandmollie

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

That's a relief, BJ. Don't forget to give him some yogurt or a few acidolphus tablets every day so his tummy doesn't get upset.

Lois

Mom to Palm City Roxie ("Roxie"). Remembering Heizer Jordan ("Jordan"), DB's PickedtoWin ("Andy"), CB Ectasy ("Ecstasy"), Oshkosh Unafraid ("Tribute"), Arathorn, WV's Imperial ("Abby") and her brother WV's Institute ("Mojo") and KB's Gameboy ("Game Boy"), who've all gone to the Bridge. Working with Austin Greyhound Adoption <austingreyhounds.org>.

Guest VelvetEars

So happy to hear this. Feels like you dodged a bullet, doesn't it? If he can tolerate it, a warm compress applied externally can be helpful, too. (like a warm wet washcloth)

He thinks it's his tooth *whew*

Gave me antibiotics to try and see if that helps and for me to call back in 10 days.

He told me to take pictures (like I did last night) to be able to judge the swelling.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and advice guys :colgate

Whew! Good to hear :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

So happy to hear this. Feels like you dodged a bullet, doesn't it? If he can tolerate it, a warm compress applied externally can be helpful, too. (like a warm wet washcloth)

That's a good idea, I'll do that this evening :)

It seems like his swelling is going down a little bit :unsure:

The vet told me to take pics to compare but I wanted to wait a couple more days.

He's sleeping on my foot right now :wub:

It seems like his swelling is going down a little bit :unsure :

The vet told me to take pics to compare but I wanted to wait a couple more days.

He's sleeping on my foot right now :wub:

I was just about to ask that. Glad to hear you think it looks better. Hugs to y'all.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.