Black Jack - Lump

bjnno1

I "thought" I noticed a bump on his face a couple of weeks ago but I guess I was in denial or just blamed it as a war wound (on the same area where Major took a chomp out of him a few years ago) but the more I look at it, the bigger it seems to get.

I called the vet today (already closed) but they open at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow until noon. I left a vm asking them if they could fit me in tomorrow and to call me back. (If I don't hear from them by 9:30, I'll do a follow up call)

Here are some pictures... any advice???

It doesn't seem to move around (feels stationary) and it's hard.

Major has a small lump on his arm (has been there for years) it's squishy and can move around and has probably doubled in size over a 5 year period (still the size of a pea) The vet is aware and doesn't feel necessary for removal (like I said, it's been there for 5+ years so I dont worry). But the one on Black Jack's face is totally different :sad1 I hope it's nothing but wanted ya'lls thoughts :hope

It's on his right side, just below his eye and above his mouth. Looks like he is sucking on a jaw breaker :dunno

anyways... here are the pics I just took...

DSC01913-2.jpg

DSC01909-2.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01911-2.jpg

DSC01912-2.jpg

Edited by bjnno1

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abscessed tooth? Hope it's nothing serious!!!

Oh God I hope so!!!! I looked in his mouth and he actually has pretty good teeth. (didn't see anything unusual)

Could be a lot of things. Is it hard, soft? Obviously a vet has to look at it. It is very similar to Tootsie's lump, in the same area. Comes and goes and vet says a cyst.

Sending prayers!

Yep.. it's hard, doesn't move (stationary)

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Ugh lumps and bumps go away! I pray it's nothing.

Does he seem bothered by it?

He wasn't real crazy about me taking pictures of it :lol (I had to take like 20 pictures because he kept moving, I got some good ones of his arm) :lol

But no.. same ol' Black Jack :)

Actually he's laying on it right now :rolleyes:

BJ don't panic :grouphug It could be a lot of things. Many of which are minor. Just kiss Black Jack and wait until you see the vet.

I will try my best. :(

I gotta go over to my step sisters. My sister is in town and we are all going to spend "sisterly" time together tonight. I don't wanna go :( I wanna stay here with my monsters, but I haven't seen my sister since August (well, yesterday for a few minutes) so I better get over there so I can hurry up and get back :)

I'll check in when I get back.

They can get lumps and bumps as they get older and they aren't necessarily anything nasty. Sending good wishes and try not to worry too much.

Hopefully that's all it is.. he's 9 years old

Please update after your vet appointment. We will all be waiting to hear and sending good thoughts and prayers your way for BJ.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Probably either an abcess or one of those "just a lump" lumps, but it's a good idea to get it checked. It's good that it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

Let us know what the vet says!!!!!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest JenFallon

Wow, you beat me to the post, I was just about to post identical pictures of the same exact lump on my Royal's face!

He's had one like that but relatively small on his face since I got him. At the time they drained a little and I didn't know any better so I didn't worry about it. :rolleyes: . He was probably 4 then, he's 11 now. The night before last I came home from work and there was a much bigger lump all of the sudden on the other side. My mom brought him into the vet the next morning and they drained a little fluid and didn't find anything of concern. His teeth are horrible but they didn't feel that anything with his teeth caused the lump.

Long story short, he's going in for a dental (I hate to do it at his age but it needs to be done) and they are going to examine and possibly remove the new lump. I don't have a date yet because they are booked until the end of November but the vet knows me and is working on finding a date to squeeze him in as early as possible. That being said, she doesn't seem concerned. If he ends up going in next week, I'll let you know what comes of it and I'll be checking in for updates on you're pup as well :)

Barbie Jean!!

Sending many prayers that it is nothing serious. Completely understand being concerned. Too many sad things around here lately.

Give that crazy boy a kiss from me and his girlfriend Mollie!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest VelvetEars

Tell him to spit out the chaw. :puke:lol

My first thought is abcess or cyst. Worrying won't change it, so stop. You can't do anything until you have information.

But we will, of course, say extra prayers and hope for a good outcome.

Edited by VelvetEars