Marla, My Black Velvet Girlie

ZoomDoggy

Photos of Marla show how happy and loved she was during her ten months in your home. I am so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Marla! :gh_run2

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GiJenn51

Well heck.... That is a fantastic tribute to a wonderful girlie!

Something tells me that even in her mopyness she was still very grateful to have had you.

Godspeed Marla. I know you'll have somme fun up there. Until then...

I'm so sorry Aimee :cry1 She was such a beautiful girl, and lucky she bounced into your all's home and hearts :grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Aimee, Im so sorry for your loss :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

What a very moving tribute. It is so clear to me that she was adored, and I'll bet she knew it too!

f_yellow:brokenheartDevonSympathy.jpg:brokenheartf_yellow

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

I'm so sorry! :cry1 :cry1

what a beautiful, loved little girlie :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am very sorry for your loss. Run free Marla and I hope your original family was waiting for you at the bridge.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I just got this note from the person who coordinated Marla's first adoption... :cry1

(names edited for privacy)

Poor sweet Aimee...

I am just so sorry you had to lose Marla this soon, after all you went through with Sissy and Chancy.

I have been following your thread on Greytalk and hoping with all my might that your little one would pull through and get well. It wasn't to be. It was her time to leave and she had you by her side to help ease that journey.

Marla was my first adoption. --- and --- were sweet, gentle people that took wonderful care of her for many years. I used to see them at the GPA picnic every year, although, it had been a couple of years now since we had run across each other. Maybe because --- was becoming ill again. I guess after she had passed away, --- didn't have enough time to be home with Marla and thought it would be best to re-home her. I wasn't at her turn-in, but I guess he was very upset. She had been their baby all those years. She was the only dog and they waited on her hand and foot. She was always a quiet little thing. Just a sweet little dog that was never any problem.

When I heard you had taken her in I was just so relieved. If there could ever be another perfect home for a sweet little black girl to go to, it would be yours. Thank you so much Aimee for helping her.

I know your heart is completely broken now and there are no words I can say to help ease that pain. Time will help. Time and good thoughts of three beautiful little girlie's that you opened your heart and home to when they needed it most.

You have done well sweet girl.

----

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest cristaron

Aimee, once again you have been there to help one of our elder hounds, and once again

you have been left with a broken heart.

You did all you could to keep your sweet Marla going but it was her time to leave and

you were there by her side when that time came.

That's all she needed. Someone that loved her deeply to help her on her way.

She will rest well now and be at peace.

You are the one left behind with yet another empty place in your heart.

Thank you so much for taking Marla in when she needed it most and giving her all the love

you could for that short while.

You are truly one of the Greyhound's Guardian Angels.

Marcy

Thank you so much Marcy. Your email was very very precious to me. I took great comfort in knowing our little velvet-girl had many years of happiness with her previous owners. I will always wish we'd had more time, but it was that much easier to bear knowing she was no stranger to love in her lifetime.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.