Send Good Thoughts To Cricket

I dropped Cricket off this a.m. for an overnight stay at the specialty vet. She's getting intradural chemo treatment for her spinal cord disease -- the neurologist is thinking it's an autoimmune disease and it might help suppress the inflammation. Also if it's cancer, but it sounds like he thinks it's more autoimmune.

I hope this is the right thing for her. She has been on Prednisone for over a year and just recently had a big relapse where she wasn't righting her paws and was unable to really stand/walk without major assistance. She did improve with an antibiotics course, but it sounds like the neurologist doesn't think that's the problem. I'm crossing my fingers that this is the right thing for her.

It would be miraculous to pick her up tomorrow and see her walking well again.

:hope:hope

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Sending many prayers for your baby.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Lots of good thoughts coming your way Cricket! And to you too, Aerosmom, you've certainly had more than your fair share of Greyhound medical issues this year.