Please Pray For My Co-worker's Greyhound

Guest savvyprchick

Guest savvyprchick

I just found out that my co-worker, who had the day off, just called her sister (also our co-worker) to come to her house to help her lift her 80 pound grey, Marvin, into her car to take him to the vet. All I know is that I was told it was something possibly about liver and kidneys.

It was Marvin who made me decide to get a greyhound. I had been thinking about greyhounds and my co-worker invited me over to her house to meet Marvin. After meeting this beautiful brindle boy (who I think is only 9 or 10), I knew greys were for me. And the rest is history.

My co-worker just had to put down her lab a week and a half ago due to stomach cancer/tumors that the dog had been battling since early this year. He was given only until May to live but made it through the summer.

Please keep my co-worker and Marvin in your thoughts.

Update: Co-worker's sister came back to work and Marvin is staying at the vet. His liver has completely shut down. They'll know more in the next 24-48 hours. If he doesn't improve in 48 hours, there's nothing that can be done :(

Edited by savvyprchick

Guest savvyprchick

Update: Marvin indeed was in liver failure. His liver numbers were 2000+ The vet said if he didn't turn the corner in 24-48 hours there was nothing they could do. He continued to get worse. However, 72 hours later, he turned the corner and started eating. It wasn't until Tuesday that the vet said he'd make it.

I'm happy to say that after 8 days in the hospital, Marvin went home last night. He's still stiff, sore, full of liquids and on lots of pills right now. But he's eating and is happy. My co-worker after pooing last night, he tried to do the happy dance back to her, but had to stop because his hind legs wouldn't cooperate yet (he's still having problems getting his hind end to listen to him).

What they think happened is he had a reaction to something they gave him during his dental on Monday the 8th (everything they gave him they gave him last time he had a dental with no problems). Tuesday the 9th my co-worker knew there was something wrong with him (he was lethargic even after surgery). Vet said to give him a bit to come out of the drugs. Anyway, by Thursday the 11th, he was at the vet in nearly complete liver failure.

They really weren't sure he could come out of this... I believe the power of GT helped pull Marvin through... thank you!

Oh no..... :( Sending loads of prayers and light to Marvin and his loving family and friends. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

greyt news and here is hoping he continues to get stronger. the happy dance is a greyt sign. thanks for the pupdate.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

just seeing this!

so glad Marvin's doing better!!!! Praying here for a full recovery! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway