Foxy Promise

Guest brandi007

Guest brandi007

Picture999.jpg

My big, loving, goofy man passed very suddenly yesterday evening at 7 years old, I just don't know what I'm going to do with out him. My life seems so empty. Foxy has never left my side in the time I've had him. I haven't been able to goto the bathroom, lay in my bed, watch a movie or even clean my car without him attached to my leg. He used to just scream when I'd leave the house. It almost hurts in the spot where he used to rest his head against my thigh because he's not there.

Foxy's story is kind of a funny one as it makes you look at life and just think that some things are meant to be. Foxy had been a regular on my greyhound group's page for quite a while. He was a loving, goofy, man with so much personality but all the greyhounds would be gone and he would never have that 'adoption pending' under his name. Last year in about July I decided I was ready to bring a greyhound into my life. Northwest Canadian Greyhound League was the group I was going to go through. They seemed small and really personal and I just felt that they would be the best for me. I checked the page and as a new haul had just come in but it seemed that every dog I wanted had a pending adoption. One of the representatives named Heather was helping me find the right dog for my house and the first dog she recommended this guy named "Foxy Promise" who really needed and deserved a home. I thought he was cute but he was listed as skittish around men and I lived with two guys. Time passed an I eventually ended up adopting my girl Sophie instead on October 18th of last year. Sophie was just so easy. She was a bounce to no fault of her own and just came in this ready to use package that made owning a greyhound seem really easy. She seemed really shy though and one day I did a haul with the group and got to bring one of the guys home with me for a night. Sophie was in her glory and at that moment I knew she'd be happier with a second greyhound in the house.

I begged my roommate to let me get another dog but he was very firm in the fact that 3 people, 2 dogs and a cat were just too many for a small house. Time went by and it just didn't seem like this was a battle I was going to win. One day I got an email from Amy at NCGL about Foxy. He was losing his foster home after a year and a half and needed a forever home pronto. I looked at my roommate and for some odd reason he said he'd think about it - knowing guys that usually means yes. I contacted Amy and said that there was a definite maybe in there and that I would slowly work on getting my roommate to allow this to happen. Eventually he agreed to Foster with intent to adopt and I brought Foxy home with me at the end of May.

He was so much more handsome than in his picture. In the time he had been in fostering his face had begun to really go white. I walked into the house and he was just standing at this gate and flashing a greyhound smile at me. I loved him at first site. I packed him into my car and drove him home when not three seconds into my house he took a nice big poop in the middle of my white carpeted living room. I knew at that moment this wasn't going to be easy. He was ultra needy, he was scared of laminate which divided my house in two, he barked, he jumped up on me, he would almost plow me over when I'd try to come in the house...and not only all that he was turning Sophie into a 7 year old puppy. I was really overwhelmed at the beginning and I used to phone my mom just to talk about it. Eventually me and Foxy reached a sort of agreement. I needed him and he needed me and as long as we knew that we could get around all the other stuff.

I've never had something come into my life and just totally dominate it like he did. I was always thinking about him and you couldn't just forget that he was there because if you so much as took your eyes off him he got upset. I'd used to sit in my room and type on the computer like I am now and I'd just look down and he'd just stare at me. It got the point where I had to stand in the kitchen and watch him finish eating because if I walked away he wouldn't eat. I've never felt so loved by something in my entire life and I miss him so much. I love the black eye he gave me, I love his flashy smile, I love the way he'd just splay on the laminate and skid around, I love how I couldn't take a shower without him there or when he used to just come up and put his head in my chest and push me over with all his might. I love him so much.

Foxy wasn't with me long and I just think that's why he burned so brightly in life. Everyone who he met just loved him and even though I only had him a couple of months, if it had been 17 years I couldn't of loved him nor missed him any more than I do right now. He was meant to be in my home and waited for me on that adoption page to come get him. It took a little extra time but he knew where he needed to be. I don't know how I'm going to get on without him. Sophie and my mom have been a huge help in getting me through this, without them I just don't think I could of got up this morning. I wish my thoughts weren't so jumbled right now and I could write more truthfully how I'm feeling but I just can't.

I just want to say I love you very much Foxy. I wish you had had more time with me but even if I knew it was going to be so short, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I hurt so bad because I loved you so much. Thanks so much to all those who helped bring him into my life.

Run free my baby boy.

Picture030.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so sorry. I strongly believe that some things are just meant to be. He was meant to be yours to live out the time he had left, albeit a short time.

Godspeed Foxy you were loved. :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh geez, lots of tears here. It's so obvious you both loved each other...I'm so very sorry for your loss :grouphug:f_white

and what a beautiful angel...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest momto3greys

I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry. I strongly believe that some things are just meant to be. He was meant to be yours to live out the time he had left, albeit a short time.

Godspeed Foxy you were loved. :gh_run

Guest JMinAugustaGA

I'm so, so sorry. No matter how long one is with you, it's never long enough.... With sympathy.... :f_white

Edited by JMinAugustaGA

Guest bowiebears

My sympathies and good thoughts and prayers for you in your time of loss.

We never have enough time with our furkids...and when they go so suddenly and so quickly, it can be devastating.

Your love for him was rewarded with a ddep, deep love from him. And it will never leave you....

One day we will be reunited at The Bridge.

--Isaac

Guest VaGreymom

What a beautiful moving story. I am happy Foxy found his forever home even though it was for a short time. I am sorry for your loss.

My heart is breaking for you. :brokenheart Foxy was meant to be your special boy, if only for a short time. Thank you for giving him his "forever" home and your whole heart. Godspeed, precious boy... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Foxy had a home and love and that was a promise. Your tribute was very moving. I know that he will be your most cherished memory and remain in your heart forever. Run free sweet boy. You are beautiful.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry your time with him was short, but so glad you both had it.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so sorry. :( Run free sweetie and watch over your Mommy. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

That first picture makes my heart ache. Which is nothing compared to what you're feeling now.

Godspeed, special sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am very sorry for your loss. When we lost Chester and then Polly, I had the worst all-consuming-squeezing-burning-sensation in the chest that felt like someone dug out my heart with a dull spoon. It does get better. My bridge babies have been gone 8 and 6 years. I still think of them often, but always with a smile.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon