We're Headed To The Vet's At 1:00

Guest Tenderhearts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tenderhearts

Without a lot of expensive testing, the vet is stumped right now :(

The big D she started out with late Wednesday night had turned into watery bloody diarrhea today, and she's refused to eat since supper on Wednesday. She's vomited a few times, but only after drinking a lot of water.

I did find roundworms in her stool yesterday and had started her on the Panacur.

The vet did a fecal float today which showed nothing, and also tested for Giardia, which was negative.

No fever, nothing abnormal while palpating the abdomen. Rectal exam showed nothing out of the ordinary.

The vet started her on metronidazol, 500 mg X 2 daily, and said if she doesn't improve, labs are next.

I need to get her to eat, and if anyone has any suggestions on what to entice her with that is gentle for her tummy, I would greatly appreciate it. I did buy skinless chicken breasts and boil them up this morning, but she's refusing even that. She got the meds about 30 minutes ago and I am hoping that will settle her intestines a bit.

I felt so bad at the vet's because she looked at me with those eyes that tell you they aren't well, and wagged her tail while we were waiting on the test results :cry1

I just wish I had some definitive answers. :(

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Tenderhearts
I think I'd just try the tried and true rice and chicken.

I bought skinless chicken breasts this morning and boiled them. She's refusing that too :(

Sending more prayers. The last few months before Angel Queenie left us...all she would eat is Arby's roast beef....we bought them plain without any sauce on them and she ate the beef as well as the bun...bologna was another favorite and McDonald's fries...with no salt. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

You might try just some chicken broth to start, to get something in her belly. Maybe some cheese crackers or saltines with something tasty (potted meat?) spread on them.

:grouphug

Sending prayers and light for Biscuit... :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Yoghurt? Live yoghurt might be even better and you can administer into the side of her mouth with a plastic syringe if necessary.

Ice cream?

Rice pudding?

I hope you can find something to tempt the baby Biscuit :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest LolasMom

Baby food, string cheese, or rare ground sirloin (it's expensive and not too fatty) but usually does the trick at my house.

Feel better Biscuit :hope:hope:hope