Lee Has Been Diagnosed With Ls.

Guest KyGrey

I took Lee to the vet this morning and he has been diagnosed with LS. Please keep him in your prayers that he is not in too much pain from this. He is not one to complain as I know very few greyhounds are. He got a Depro shot and has anti-inflammatory and pain meds. We have to wait and see how long the shot lasts to see when he needs to go back for another one.

Edited by KyGrey

I'm sorry. I hope he gets good results from the Depo injection. Sometimes it works wonders.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

It's Lumbrosacral Stenosis. It's a pinched nerve in the spinal column on the back end. A lot of older greyhounds get this. From what I have heard and read it is very painful. There's really no cure that I have heard.

Acupuncture can help alleviate pain also. It helped Chancy when she had flare-ups that pain meds couldn't touch. Some have had luck with chropractic treatments also, but that didn't help us.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Acupuncture can help alleviate pain also. It helped Chancy when she had flare-ups that pain meds couldn't touch. Some have had luck with chropractic treatments also, but that didn't help us.

Thanks. :colgate I will keep both of those in mind. I want to see if the shot(s) will help him and then go with other things if needed.

My poor baby. I know others who have dogs with LS and I was so hoping it wasn't it but it is.

Sending my many prayers...I hope the shot works for him. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending healing thoughts your way. I know what you're going thru. Nevada has a thoracic/lumbar disc problem. She can't have Pred or the depo shots due to her cushings disease. :( We're keeping her comfortable with anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

I am sorry to hear about Lee! I have a question, though. How was it diagnosed? I have been wondering if this might be the cause of Sugar's problems, but haven't asked my vet about it yet ('cause I just htought of it yesterday :rolleyes: )

I hope the shot helps

This link should help. She palpated (sp?) his back close to his hips and he started going down. It is very painful and he has been knuckling under (paws) and his back legs have been crossing recently.

Linky

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I know GT has some powerful prayers.

Edited by KyGrey

Sending gentle scritchies and many prayers that the shot does some good work for Lee.

Wouldn't mind a new picture or two of him and your other puppers ...... :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I hope the depo works well for him. I know that some have been able to go several months up to a year between shots. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Thanks for asking. He's sleeping right now. He's underneath my desk as I type. I feel like such a bad mom. I did notice him panting before I took him to the vet but was just thinking it was the hot weather. He doesn't pant now.

He's such a momma's boy. When I took him to the vet yesterday I went in to sign us in and the friend who went with me got him out of the car and was going to take him around the side of the building to go potty. He had seen the direction I walked to and he was trying to get her to go that direction. :lol

I gave him his antibiotic and a pain pill in peanut butter on top of his food this morning. I had to coax him to finish his breakfast but he did in just a few minutes. He had already eaten the peanut butter with the meds. I don't know if it's the meds kind of taking his appetite away a little or not. Could it be? He has kept his appetite in general though. He loves his treats too. I give an after potty treat to all the dogs when we come in.

How is your household doing today?

Edited by KyGrey

Guest Winterwish
...He's such a momma's boy. When I took him to the vet yesterday I went in to sign us in and the friend who went with me got him out of the car and was going to take him around the side of the building to go potty. He had seen the direction I walked to and he was trying to get her to go that direction. :lol ...

what a little sweetie... :wub:

It could be the antibiotics bothering his stomach a little. Or maybe he's a bit tired from going to the vet so he's not up to eating a lot for now?

Keeping you and Lee in my thoughts and prayers! :bighug