Our Halo Girl Is At The Emergency Clinic

Guest mom2greys

Guest mom2greys

Hey everyone,

We had Halo & Tator Tot out to our soccer field for a run this evening with our friends' two greyhounds as well. They all had a good run around everyone had a good time. We were about to leash them up and take them home, when one took off, leading yet another chase. They rounded the corner and were at the opposite side of the park, and it looked like Halo got shoved into the fence. She ran a few more steps and immediately stopped and sat down. From where I was standing, it looked like she stopped to have a poo, but Rob went running to her right away. I saw him lean down to pick her up and start to carry her. I got a sick feeling when I realized that she was injured. :eek The top of her right front paw had all of the skin torn back, from her ankle joint to her toenails, leaving all of the tendons exposed and dripping lots of blood. We figure that she got the paw stuck through or under the chain-link fence and ripped the skin back when she pulled it out.

We immediately took her the the emergency clinic and they will be putting her under anesthetic later tonight to see if they can assess the injury and pull the skin back together. She will be on IV fluids with pain meds and antibiotics.

:weep

I feel so bad for our sweet girl and also for our daughter,Alyssa, who was very freaked out when she saw the injury... I don't think I have ever seen her cry so much... she was so worried for Halo. :(

They are going to call us later tonight after they are finished working with her.

We sure could use positive thoughts and healing energy sent our way for Halo.

:weep

Sending gentle hugs and prayers.

It sounds ugly and it may take a time to heal, but she'll likely be fine.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Winterwish

Sending thoughts of healing for your girl Halo! :gh_child These things happen so fast and unexpectedly,don't they? :grouphug She'll be back home soon,recuperating with all of you. Feel better soon Halo, :hope

Guest greybookends

Sheana did that once the exact same way, Not as bad as Halo it sounds but it is pretty nasty. I know how you feel. I hope all will be well. :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Hurry home sweetheart and heal swiftly. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

You got her there quick, so they vet should be able to staple it all back together again with minimal skin dying

Jet did her's with the dog door. Jeff was kind enough to take a pic before taking her to the vet

ewwww.jpg

a week later back at the vet for a look

000_0656.jpg

It healed really nicely - she has a scar, but consider what she did, it looks great.

Keep her bandage dry. We had to carry Jet out to potty for a little while as stairs were not her friend for a few days after. Good luck and hopefully she mends well :)

Oba did something similar to a hind leg - degloved about 6 inches. The E-vet did a super job and it healed beautifully. I feel sure your pup's injury will heal just as well. Sending good wishes.

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

Guest mom2greys
You got her there quick, so they vet should be able to staple it all back together again with minimal skin dying

Jet did her's with the dog door. Jeff was kind enough to take a pic before taking her to the vet

ewwww.jpg

a week later back at the vet for a look

000_0656.jpg

It healed really nicely - she has a scar, but consider what she did, it looks great.

Keep her bandage dry. We had to carry Jet out to potty for a little while as stairs were not her friend for a few days after. Good luck and hopefully she mends well :)

Trudy... that's like Halo's injury, except that Halo's is higher up the leg and includes the top of all toes, so the area involved is quite a bit larger. :(

I am encouraged by the second pic though... it looks great there. I can only hope that Halo will heal just as well.

Thanks for posting.

Poor Halo, sending good thoughts. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg