Freddie

Freddie doesn't want to eat much these days (he still scarfs down his turkey necks) and is starting to lose weight. Ribs aren't showing yet but his little cracker butt is getting smaller and smaller.

He has an appointment this afternoon to get checked over.

I know I have no reason to, but I'm so worried about him.

He'll be 15 in November.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Mary, when B was sick and didn't want to eat much, I went to feeding him @ 6 times a day. It seemed like as long as it had been 2-3 hours since his last snack, he was ready to contemplate food again. I tried to feed things that weren't outright BAD for him but we went way beyond dog food and the traditional alternatives. He could almost always slurp down a scrambled egg or two, and he didn't care if they'd all been cooked the night before and just warmed up a bit ......

Hugs to your sweet Freddie -- hope he is just being a bit lazy in the eating department and you can get him back on track.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Freddie has my thoughts and prayers this afternoon.

15 wow! I have been on Gt a long time now and I remember when Freddie was still the pup who lived in the closet and then bit by loooong sloooow bit the baby steps. You should be so very very proud of how far he has come, how far the patience and love of you and DH have brought him :yay

:grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Sending many prayers for Freddie. Come on boy...you don't want your ribs sticking out like Lacers do you? :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers. As they age, the smell goes and the food needs to be stinky :) Maybe some salmon added in?

He won't eat slamon, tuna, sardines, or mackerel.

I've started giving him canned dog food and he eats a little of that. His teeth look OK, at least what he will let me see. Doesn't seem to have any trouble eating his turkey necks. Heck, if I have to, I'll give him necks 10 times a day.

Mary in Houston

Maybe try putting some nutritional yeast on his food? The B vitamins in the yeast really help with a feeling of vitality, and appetite stimulation. Check your energy drinks; they almost alll have B vitamins for the long-lasting boost. ;) Oh, which is not to say you should give him an energy drink!! They also have lots of caffeine and sugar!! Just saying, you know, about the B vitamins. :P

15 is a wonderfully long life. You must have been taking very good care of the old gentleman. :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Maybe try putting some nutritional yeast on his food? The B vitamins in the yeast really help with a feeling of vitality, and appetite stimulation. Check your energy drinks; they almost alll have B vitamins for the long-lasting boost. ;) Oh, which is not to say you should give him an energy drink!! They also have lots of caffeine and sugar!! Just saying, you know, about the B vitamins. :P

15 is a wonderfully long life. You must have been taking very good care of the old gentleman. :bighug:bighug

I thought about trying that, but if I put anything in his food (gluc, msm, fresh factors, Missing Link - either all or just one), he won't touch it at all.

He is eating his night time snack of plain kibble, but he won't eat plain kibble during the day. Grrrrrrrrr, so frustrating.

Mary in Houston

Maybe a little low-fat blue cheese dressing? That's stinky :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Sending good thoughts and prayers that Freddie is okay. He's my very favorite Greytalk hound.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest nerak254

That is about when Jessica started getting picky. She'd eat something one day and than wouldn't even look at it the next. Thanks to Burpdog, she got lots of roasted chickens and she was also fond of Dinty Moore beef stew.