Freddie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will he eat baked chicken, boiled hamburger, lean roast beef?

Sending good thoughts for Freddie. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I thought about you today Mary... when I told Jim that I want to go to Cafe Piquet this weekend. :lol

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest PiagetsMom
He enjoyed his scrambled eggs and did eat his kibble tonight.

That's good news! My girls love scrambled eggs.

I'm a native Houstonian, and I've never heard of Cafe Piquet.....hmmm......am I missing out on something good?

I thought about you today Mary... when I told Jim that I want to go to Cafe Piquet this weekend. :lol

I'm jealous!! But we were there 3 weeks ago so I guess I can't complain.

He enjoyed his scrambled eggs and did eat his kibble tonight.

That's good news! My girls love scrambled eggs.

I'm a native Houstonian, and I've never heard of Cafe Piquet.....hmmm......am I missing out on something good?

Cuban restaurant on Bissonnet. Yah, you are missing something delish!!

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Guest PiagetsMom

Cuban restaurant on Bissonnet. Yah, you are missing something delish!!

Yum! Thanks, Mary - we'll have to check it out. :colgate

Now.....back to Freddie's thread!

edited b/c it's late and I obviously can't type

Edited by PiagetsMom

So glad he is eating a little.......We all know how special he is to you.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

When Piper was 16 and 17 I gave up and fed her whatever she would eat. Chinese food was a favorite. I would put some kibble in her bowl and enough sauce of some kind to mush it up and then whatever people food I had on hand.

Good luck with your boy.

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

How is Freddie doing in the appetite department? Kiss him for us. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Winterwish

I'm glad to read that Freddie has been eating a bit and enjoyed some ice cream- can always count on that ice cream- good boy Freddie! :dogcookie:heart

Oh smday,that's great your Piper enjoyed some Chinese food too.

The same here. I can't give too much due to his stomach issues,but my grey also loves Chinese,particuarly the mix with the 'General Tao's' sauce- -I add a bit of it now and then to his chicken add-in,and that to the kibble.

If you order out and maybe try a General Tsao dish,maybe you could try that with Freddie too. :)

Guest Winterwish

Oh baby,you have to eat a bit more, :kiss2 ( :bighug )

I've been having good results with crumbling Solid Gold's Buckaroo Beef Patties on top of the food. It's dehydrated raw beef,that bones and livers included.

Kind of expensive,($18. for 5 patties) but it's been helpful. I don't add it to every meal,otherwise he'll get used to it and start to say no to it I think,which is what tends to happen.

But it might help you too.

It comes in a bag of 5 inch thick patties,each about the size of your hand. You can break off a piece and crumble it into the meal you're about to give.

Only thing,if you do pick some up,you need to wash your hands after handling since it's raw,but dehydrated. It's not supposed to be re-hydrated,as some of the dehydrated raws are meant to be, It's supposed to stay just as it is.

Just one more thing if you try it,it is kind of dry,so I blend it into his meal (which is never an actual dry meal),so it's not so dry (causes him to choke).

Maybe Freddie would like it too. :goodluck

Edited by Winterwish

Come on boy...EAT for your Mom and Dad and all of us here ok buddy? :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Patsie has been acting just like Freddie. She got so thin and I felt like I had an anorexic teenager and she barely ate enough to stay alive. She's on cipro so she can have her teeth cleaned next week, and the dr put her on a heart medication. After 48 hours on the meds and she's a new girl.

Praying that Freddie just needs a little "tune-up" and he'll be back to his old self again. I can't believe he's 15...it seems like yesterday he was living in the closet.

Hugs from TN

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

My Willow, who will also be 15 in Nov., is going through the same thing. I have to give her steak, or some other really yummy stuff - and sometimes she doesn't even eat that. We feed her four times a day. I know this probably isn't great for her, but I have found that if I dollop some canned cat food on top of her meal she will eat her whole bowl of food. Its very stinky - even better than tuna, salmon, etc, which she won't eat.

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

Bless him at 15. Darius is on his way to 15 and let me tell you, I worry when he doesn't eat. But he only wants the best he can get, that means lots of steak or chicken or canned soup included in his kibbles. Yes he is no dummy at this age, he knows how to get the best. When he refuses people food that is when I will worry.

Try adding soup, beef vegtable or chix to his dinner.

Also Darius eats at his own times now. But at the end of the day he has eaten what he should, like 4 cups per day :)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif