Surgery For Alex's Corn Cobs

Guest CyndiW

Big grins for all of you. :D So glad your baby boy is coming home! :yay

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest gr84me

Attaboy, Alex!!

I am so happy for all of you! (And Alex is lucky to have such wonderful nursing care from you and your husband)

:yay

Prayers and good wishes for a happy homecoming now!

This is so wonderful to hear! Yay Alex! I didn't realize he was 11 so that makes his recovery all the more exciting. I hope you all rest well this weekend.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest tiegra

Way to go Alex.

When he gets home we'll need some pics!!!! Please :colgate

So happy he's coming home.

Still sending the thoughts, prayers and light to Alex and your family.

Dani

Is he home? Looking for a pupdate.... :)

....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven

Guest CyndiW

Alex is home. He is very thin and weak but I have seen a big improvement even since we got him home yesterday afternoon. The boys are usually not allowed up on the couch (of course they always sneak up there when we aren't looking) but Alex found the perfect spot and fell asleep up there yesterday evening. He knows he has us wrapped around his paws and we wouldn't ask him to get down. I just went downstairs to check on him and he is up there again snoozing soundly. He stretched out on the carpet and slept in the sun a lot today. He occasionally slept on one of his dog beds today but it seems that he likes really stretching out after his long hospital stay. He is eating very well and drinking plenty of water! We are trying to feed him every 2-3 hours and he devours anything we put in his bowl. He is eating his normal amount of dry food but much more frequently and then lots of high protein add-ins. We were very worried about him leaking a lot after having the urinary catheter pulled but most of that seemed to resolve itself before we got him home. He is holding it and not dripping when he does have to go. He goes back on Wednesday for some updated blood work to make sure the liver values are going down and the Plavix is doing its job. It is so hard to believe that only 1 week ago he was given a 50% chance. The final report that she sent home with us did state that he was septic last weekend when she opened him back up to clean out the infection which makes this even more of a miracle. We are so happy to have our boy home where we can kiss and love on him all the time!! I was so worried that the whole incident traumatized him but besides being weak, he acts like nothing ever happened. Hopefully, the next 2 weeks will go smoothly without any more complications and we can forget all about this horrible week.

(I would like to post some pics but I am not sure how or even if I am allowed to yet. ?)

Guest beerdogs31

Excellent news! So glad you have your boy home! What an amazing recovery---great job to Alex and his devoted caretakers!! Hoping he continues to improve (guess that couch time helps :):):):) )

That's great news! WTO Alex! :yay Think you can post pics in the Cute & Funny section. Just start a new topic there. :)

Guest PiagetsMom

Miracles DO happen! Sending healing thoughts Alex's way.....there's no place like home with the people who love you to make you feel better!

Guest fountainpengwen
:yay Hooray for Alex being at home! He must be so happy to be with you again. And you must be so happy to have him there! I hope all continues to improve.

Guest LolasMom

Way to go Alex!! :clap I'm so happy to hear that he's home resting comfortably with you. Congratulations and many more get better and better thoughts coming your way.

Give him a big :kiss2 from us.